• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekendio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I had an iPad before the divorce and a broken £99 Android tablet after......
    bet she has a lovely year-round tan though ...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      If you want an alternative to the modern museum experience then try the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill.
      Yes, we've been there actually - he loved it.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Thanks for asking MP

Quiet one tonight watching whatever carp that lovefilm delivers.

Sat: bit of a pre-winter clearout followed by dinner and drinkies.

Sun: mow the lawn weather permitting and slow cook something spicy for dinner.

Comment

My SWTOR (Star wars MMO) character is 1 experience bar away from level 55 (highest level) so....

Apart from that lots of cat feeding
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I'm taking the boy for a day out in London tomorrow.

In fact - does anyone have any ideas for fun things to take him to? [He's 4 and into dinosaurs, ice cream and burping].

We've already got the National History Museum planned.
            Take him to Hamleys, of course. Boy heaven. Not bad for dads either ;-)
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Take him to Hamleys, of course. Boy heaven. Not bad for dads either ;-)
              Great idea! How close is it to Harrods? I'm too lazy to google, sorry.

Not sure I'll invite his Dad, though.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Rainforest cafe's pretty good for kids -

Welcome to The Rainforest Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Great idea! How close is it to Harrods? I'm too lazy to google, sorry.

Not sure I'll invite his Dad, though.
                  Closest station is Oxford street. Its <5 mins walk from there along Regent St.
                  But I would get a cab from Harrods if I was with a 4 year old, shouldn't be too much.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    It's crap now. Although maybe less so for a kid? We went recently and were both unimpressed, it's all computer screens and videos Wish we'd gone to the NH museum instead.
                    It needs an update for sure. All the new stuff is about climate change, it's like British Engineering stopped. Where is skylon / reaction engines, the invention of television, the computer, the latest RR engines, carbon fibre racing cars and so on?

It is still cool for a kid though. I remember the first time I took my boy, he stopped and pointed at a steam engine and said "look daddy, a science"
                    Last edited by doodab; 11 October 2013, 11:09.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Thanks both. I won't get away with cabs SAS; he's obsessed with the tube.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X