• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More underhand tactics by an Indian Firm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
    It would be good to know the name of the Indian company and the client.

Firstly so that the next batch of permies to get outsourced to them can be forewarned of what to really expect.
    Do you think that they are likely to look for information on Contractor UK if they are being TUPE'd?

Secondly so that we can short ClientCo's shares to take advantage of the impending IT cluster-tulip that is due in 18 months.
    18 months is quite a long short.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The problem is that the firm is not stretching the law. They have been sold a "high quality" outsourced solution (the fact we know its a grade 1 lie is irrelevant here).

The simple fact that the Indian company lied to them until the ink was dry on the contract is not the end clients fault (although granted you would hope that they knew what they were doing after after 10 years of outsourced cock ups elsewhere).
      I don't think most firms using this system think they're getting a high quality solution.
      It's more that they think they're paying too much for mediocrity and feel they should pay less/or if they have a good team already they don't understand its role in the smooth running of the business.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
        Do you think that they are likely to look for information on Contractor UK if they are being TUPE'd?
        If the information is out there, someone will find it.

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post

18 months is quite a long short.
        You don't have to take the position today. You can wait 17 months, 3 weeks and six days.

Comment

If the information is out there, someone will find it.
          If it's as disastrous as you think it will be, then there are going to be more credible sources of information than the General sub-forum on CUK.

You don't have to take the position today. You can wait 17 months, 3 weeks and six days.
          Ah, so you think it will suddenly plummet so you can short it at that stage. Good plan.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Oh dont worry I'll be reporting them. Not on here though.

No point naming them on here, its the same with every Indian firm from what I can gather.

Comment

Its not just the Indian firms doing this.

IBM do similar tulip and have offices in India full of poorly qualified "techies" churning out rubbish even though IBM have been brought in as the so called "experts" in the field. The only thing they are expert at is writing up water tight contracts.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                At least some of them should have accepted such role and waited for ages until their company gets work visa in India.
                Good luck with that, ironically the Indian govenment makes it difficult for foreign nationals to work in India
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Business Visas are for six months.

Comment

Wasn't the forums resident hack interested in this? Or is it again a case of once a pimp always a pimp and never going through with something
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I just find it all very sad that the UK IT industry is dying on its feet and nobody seems to care.

Comment

Working...
                      X