• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something I don't get with the US shutting down n all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    If that occurs it wouldn't matter what Osborne did. I am, however, starting to have doubts about how strong this recovery is.......
    It looks more like a dead cat bounce than a recovery

Quantitive easing is being used to prop up the housing market and help pay the governments debt

The job market is stablising more through wages having fallen than there being a genuine growth in the market, and that's before we get flooded with cheap labour again
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The debt ceiling thing is a separate issue, which doesn't come to a head for about three weeks. That's the point when the USA defaults on its debts, the global economy crumbles, and people realise what a load of utter bollocks Osborne's "recovery" actually is. Can't wait
      I think everyone can already see what Osbourne's "recovery" based on throwing freshly printed money to banks to push up house prices, but not to businesses who need to expand/invest, actually is.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        Whilst I agree with your economic observation, I feel you have a touch of the partisanship about you Mr Fitz: to simply blame the egregious douchebag Osborne solely for the dire financial straits that this country has levied under the monocular disaster that was Gordon "I saved the world" Brown is perhaps missing the point.

I mean, the previous bunch of parasites under the Captain's steady Nokia chucking helm simply spunked our revenue into any fecking cause and benefited you and I by scrapping the dividend tax credit on our pensions.

Just one of many examples of his financial acumen.

So please, don't mock the afflicted.
        Let's not forget that epic gold trade...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Spoken with all the venom of a true ideologue.
          I never had you down as a cretin before, but there's always time
          You seem to be the lefty counterpart of Dodgy, just as clichéd.
          You don't need to adhere to any ideology to see that the supposed recovery is Gideon's dead goldfish dressed as sushi. It's blatantly obvious.

Comment

You don't need to adhere to any ideology to see that the supposed recovery is Gideon's dead goldfish dressed as sushi. It's blatantly obvious.
            That's not what I hear when I talk to people with real businesses as opposed to narrowly focused and biased IT geeks.
            You need to think out of your box.
            For some non-anecdotal evidence:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23893789
            http://www.theguardian.com/business/...put-uk-economy
            http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...690509974.html
            Last edited by sasguru; 2 October 2013, 10:22.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Press F8 for boot options
              F8 never works for me. Why should it work for anyone else?
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

That's not what I hear when I talk to people with real businesses as opposed to narrowly focused and biased IT geeks.
                You need to think out of your box.
                For some non-anecdotal evidence:

BBC News - British Chambers of Commerce: Recovery gaining momentum
                Manufacturing recovery continues despite fall in factory output growth | Business | theguardian.com
                IMF Raises U.K. Growth Forecast - WSJ.com
                Now, let's see:

Comment

Now, let's see:

Of course any recovery will be tentative given that our major export markets are mired in depression

No doubt you're one of those who would have liked to join the Euro and thus end up in a situation like the PIIGS with 20% (50% youth) unemployment and a depression due to a German policy that makes our so-called "austerity" look like a walk in the park?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    It's pronounced New-Cu-Ler.
                    No it isn't.
                    I'd give my right dick to be normal.....

Comment

Of course any recovery will be tentative given that our major export markets are mired in depression

No doubt you're one of those who would have liked to join the Euro and thus end up in a situation like the PIIGS with 20% (50% youth) unemployment and a depression due to a German policy that makes our so-called "austerity" look like a walk in the park?
                      You persist in the belief that you can shoehorn me into some ideological category. I know the world is a confusing place, and it's easier to understand if you reduce everything to a few very, very simple categories; but sadly, such simplification leads to a representation that is insufficient to capture the true complexity of reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X