• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shopping spree / Monday challenge II

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    To make sure you don't go over your limits and make yourself ill
    To work out how many calories you've burned
    To keep track of how fast you can go at a particular level of output => measure your fitness.
    This. ^^

Plus I have a resting pulse of 40. I like to know what my ticker is doing at all times during exercise so if I am going to pop my clogs I get a couple seconds advance warning

Comment

To make sure you don't go over your limits and make yourself ill .
      Whose sockie is this? If you need a monitor to tell you that...

To work out how many calories you've burned
      To keep track of how fast you can go at a particular level of output => measure your fitness.
      Forgot counting calories, it does not matter. In fact forgot weighing yourself too, have no done so for years. A good measure of fitness is how quickly you repair from whatever injury. Athletes at the top of their game will talk about managing injury, and less so fitness.

I saw some weekend warriors in Reigate a few weeks ago, mostly 9-5's during the week giving it their all during the day. Talk about heart attacks waiting to happen.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        This. ^^

Plus I have a resting pulse of 40. I like to know what my ticker is doing at all times during exercise so if I am going to pop my clogs I get a couple seconds advance warning
        Wow you've got the same resting pulse as Michael Phelps - well jealous. Best I can do these days is early 50's, and even then that's been totally zen.

Do you meditate?
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X