• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday's fascinating C# quiz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You're stupid enough to think a degree you did helps you understand people?
    You'd better hope that little business you've got succeeds, because there's no way you're getting to the top otherwise.

Feck me what has the country done to its education system, that it churns out such imbeciles ?
    What does calling you a cretin have to do with the tulip you posted above apart from proving that you are a cretin who didn't understand the previous sentence I wrote.....

I said my degree wasn't in computer science. It don't remember claiming it was in Psychology or Social Policy.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Make for incomprehensible code by the looks of it
        Exactly - If I was recruiting I'd fail anyone who scored more than about 2 out of 10 on questions like that (allowing for one or two correct answers purely by guesswork). That way you'd end up with someone who would at least write readable code!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Exactly - If I was recruiting I'd fail anyone who scored more than about 2 out of 10 on questions like that (allowing for one or two correct answers purely by guesswork). That way you'd end up with someone who would at least write readable code!
            Everyone who did computer science related degrees, how keen were your lecturers on writing the most obscure perl scripts (or similar) they could think of ?

In mine, there was a big focus on the requirements and good design, but code maintainability was more mentioned by the lecturers teaching the theoretical stuff

The beardy code monkeys seemed to delight in writing the most hard to read regular expressions and think we would be impressed by it
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              The only people who benefit from readable code is Bob and his chums.

"Dim, we need you to come back, no one can fathom that stuff you write."

Comment

If I read enough of these threads, will I be able to be a programmer?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  If I read enough of these threads, will I be able to be a programmer?
                  Only in the sense that Suity is a programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    The only people who benefit from readable code is Bob and his chums.

"Dim, we need you to come back, no one can fathom that stuff you write."
                    Not true, I had to delve into a system written buy a previous contractor last week, it was full of gems.

An example being:

Code:
                    DateTime sub = DateTime.Now.AddMonths(12);
                    DateTime now = DateTime.Now.Subtract(sub - DateTime.Now);
                    Although it is pretty simple to see what is going on there, it does slow down development and can easily be misread.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                      Not true, I had to delve into a system written buy a previous contractor last week, it was full of gems.

An example being:

Code:
                      DateTime sub = DateTime.Now.AddMonths(12);
                      DateTime now = DateTime.Now.Subtract(sub - DateTime.Now);
                      Although it is pretty simple to see what is going on there, it does slow down development and can easily be misread.
                      A comment in Hindi would be helpful in maintaing the code for the client.

Comment

Working...
                      X