• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did you have a nice weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike ride, then trip to Friesland for Saturday night; excellent restaurant in Leeuwarden, then relaxing Sunday and our first ballroom dancing lesson yesterday evening, which caused many chuckles and giggles for ourselves and others.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Are you working today? If not what is the real problem.....
      I can your point. Nothing really, just feel a bit iffy.

Comment

Spent most of the weekend stripping wallpaper and filling the multitude of cracks and holes that the paper had hidden.

Obviously with the usual PITA occurrences, e.g. bleed valves on the radiator jammed shut so I had to remove the whole valve.

Pondy's tip: That foil roasting dish you bought two Christmases ago for the turkey but never used makes an excellent receptacle for draining radiators as you can bend the edge to fit perfectly under the pipe connector bit. It's going straight to the garage before Mrs P throws it out.

Thanks for asking.

Comment

No 1 son went back to Uni on Saturday.

On Sunday I spent a large chunk of the day, clearing up/ securely deetling a laptop and external hdd for a friend of the wife's, before returning it to her soon to be ex-husband. Yawn!!!
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Frome Carnival with the kids Saturday
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Lifting and carrying hundreds of cardboard boxes from one room and then back to another room and then back to the original room since Friday.

I'm soooo exhausted - my legs and arms are killing me.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Frome Carnival with the kids Saturday
                I thought you lived up north!
                Beer
                is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Went to lunch at Pater's on Saturday. Nice being in the countryside and SG Junior loves Missy, the lab. And she him.
                  I'd like to get a dog but can't justify it as long as both working.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
                    I thought you lived up north!
                    I do, but my kids live in Somerset
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      I do, but my kids live in Somerset
                      Ahh!

How was the carnival this year?
                      I've not been since the early 80s!

Had a good weekend, other than having the house ripped to pieces as the central heating gets installed.
                      Beer
                      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                      X