• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Moyes sacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    So why did they get nowhere near as many penalties away from OT even though they very often dominated games then also?
    That kind of proves the point. Fergie being in charge in both instances and games at OT get a higher numbers of United penalties compared to games played away. That suggests that the refs are swayed by home crowds. You'll probably find exactly the same stats at Arsenal, Chelsea etc
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
      That kind of proves the point. Fergie being in charge in both instances and games at OT get a higher numbers of United penalties compared to games played away. That suggests that the refs are swayed by home crowds. You'll probably find exactly the same stats at Arsenal, Chelsea etc
      The Ref didn't do a lot of "swaying" at the weekend though, unless he had his script upside down.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        The Ref didn't do a lot of "swaying" at the weekend though, unless he had his script upside down.

That goes back to my original point - the play was all in Uniteds half and Uniteds box because liverpool dominated the game. As such we gave away the penalties - remember that the first penalty claim wasn't given. had it been away from OT I suspect it would. So he probably bottled it there.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Moyes is getting increasingly on my nerves as the days go by. I am so used to having a rock (in SAF) in charge that we were never bothered about who is in charge etc. we just left it to SAF. This is a whole new experience to me since SAF has always been charge while I have been a united supporter.

The things he is coming out with now are pointing ever more to the fact that he isn't cut out for it. He really needs to go asap. IMO he should have been gone with SAF in charge to turn around the Champions League tie tonight and give us a decent chance of winning the thing.

Then we need to go and get a decent manager who can manage a club of the scale of united. Not Moyes, Neville and Giggs in charge (who the hell thought that would work in the first place!).

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Moyes is getting increasingly on my nerves as the days go by. I am so used to having a rock (in SAF) in charge that we were never bothered about who is in charge etc. we just left it to SAF. This is a whole new experience to me since SAF has always been charge while I have been a united supporter.

The things he is coming out with now are pointing ever more to the fact that he isn't cut out for it. He really needs to go asap. IMO he should have been gone with SAF in charge to turn around the Champions League tie tonight and give us a decent chance of winning the thing.

Then we need to go and get a decent manager who can manage a club of the scale of united. Not Moyes, Neville and Giggs in charge (who the hell thought that would work in the first place!).
            Should have got 'the special one' when you had the chance, Uniteds time has passed now through, am hoping that Liverpool win it this year as a neutral!

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
              Should have got 'the special one' when you had the chance, Uniteds time has passed now through, am hoping that Liverpool win it this year as a neutral!
              If it means Moyes gets sacked then I want Liverpool to win it as well!

Comment

My view is that even with the need to rebuild for the long term and for Moyes to have the opportunity to build his own side, he has a short term job to do aswell as a long term one, which he has failed at miserably with and will now cost the club dearly.

Given the way this season has gone, losing that amount of games, getting nowhere near the best out of players, £27m and £37m players playing nothing like they did for their former clubs, barely creating chances in games, etc etc etc. - would you really trust Moyes with all that money in the summer?

I agree with NorthWestPerm2Contr, time to go I think.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

I thought Moyes was a good choice and that all he needed was to be in charge of a good team with resources. unfortuately this is not the case. Right from the off the alarm bells have been ringing. Our transfer dealing in the summer were a joke - high profile and unsuccessful attempts to lure top names to the club while offering comedy amounts of money coupled with endless dithering meant we ended up with Felani at way over the amount we should have paid. A player who is Cleverly quality at best. Then our pre season - losing every preseason game, ultimately the only player who seemed to shine in our preseason was Zaha, who then never got near to the pitch. When things go wrong he does not seem to have a clue as to how to rectify the situation. Against Sunderland in the first leg, we had a 40+ Rayn giggs who played the whole game and Zaha sat on the bench at a time when we needed a goal against team who were almost dead on their feet. Stick a pacey player on to stretch them.....no got our David!! Against liverpool we were unable to compete and when the second goal went in at 46mins he waited till 75 before making a change. Even then it was a like for like. I'd have subbed RVP, who did nothing all game, and put Valencia on.

So tonight we'll see united huff and puff and probably limp out of the Chamions league. Last year, if we had been in this situation I'd have felt confident that we could pull the tie round. But last year we wouldn't have lost 5 games at OT often to fairly tulip teams.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Trafford Park last night....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Trafford Park last night....

Is that real?!?

Comment

Working...
                      X