• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If it WAS the end of the world...could you survive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are you saying men can't get it up for MP without drugs?
    No, that would be untrue and unpolite, I'm saying most of this board, judging by the amount of general flouncing, haven't got a idea of what a hard on is!
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      It's a yes for me, although with a lower percentage than I expected; what's wrong with hiding in a cave in a lightening storm? ...
      If this test is geographically geared for Septics, and you (or they) are in the wilderness, I imagine bears and mountain lions also like to hide in caves during a storm.

Also, if the cave is more like a pothole, with a narrow entrance and a stream running in, you could easily be trapped and drowned if the trickle became a flood during the rain.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        If this test is geographically geared for Septics, and you (or they) are in the wilderness, I imagine bears and mountain lions also like to hide in caves during a storm.

Also, if the cave is more like a pothole, with a narrow entrance and a stream running in, you could easily be trapped and drowned if the trickle became a flood during the rain.
        All good points. I was thinking a nice Devonian one without all of those nasties.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          All good points. I was thinking a nice Devonian one without all of those nasties.
          A quick search turns up another reason here :

7. Don’t hide in small caves or under overhangs.

Sitting under an overhang or in a small cave is asking for trouble since lightning will jump the gap from top to bottom by passing through you. I had a friend killed by lightning on Pikes Peak when he sat under a boulder overhang above timberline to wait out a storm.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Ah, you've done it on a bridge too; another thing we have in common!
            No Mitch, you did it under a bridge, like the hideous troll that you are
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              And me - although it wasn't the mushrooms that got me, it was trying to get warm by rubbing my arms as opposed to lighting the fire who knew eh?

Comment

Working...
              X