• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I wonder why ?: More Britons target foreign move

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    So in fact the vast majority, 88%, are leaving for other reasons, not because of what the UK has become. Amazing how you wilfully force the stats to match your opinion.
    Maths never was my strong point

Comment

I hear more English being spoken in Holland than in England.
      HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
        I hear more English being spoken in Holland than in England.
        I think you meant "Better" English
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by snaw
          (Given I spent 12 years OS, and lived in three countries, that's pretty natural)
          You seem to be qualified to speak on everything snaw. Having come from a working class background you are therefore the voice of the poor. Having lived abroad yourself "you should know". Are you also an expert on masturbation?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Snaw is CUK's working class hero.

Comment

Emigration has always been around and as snaw correctly points out, it is easier nowadays with cheap flights and less restriction on movement within the EU and outside. There is also a demographic that takes inspiration from the TV programs, mainly young with no commitments, young professionals with equity or semi-retired. Some go, some come back as the grass is often not greener and if you're carrying baggage, a change of location won't make the problems disappear.

However, what these surveys are showing is the increasing discontent over the last decade of people seeing uncontrolled immigration, high taxes, increasing unemployment, declining services, increasing house prices (FTB), value of wages stagnating wrt the true cost of inflation, feral youths, increasing petty crime and an inept criminal and justice system.

Majority of people say they will leave but never do.

I have spent much time abroad in Europe and as far away as Australia: yes, Fremantle and Perth have their own domestic problems but not on the same scale as the UK.

Several contrasts between the UK and Europe: when I drove around Europe in the TVR, I always used to get people asking whether they could take photographs of the car. Compare that to the UK where regularly people used to wind down the window and shout out "c*nt" or "w@nker"...

Also, one of my friends who lives in Switzerland, doesn't rent a car when he arrives in the UK. This is due to the fact that the people who drive in the UK are "...a bunch of incompetent, undisciplined, muppets...".

I'm sure anyone who has driven in Europe and returns to the UK off the ferry and drives 1 minute on the M20 seeing the lane hogging and aggression could possibly agree with that statement...
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                Also, one of my friends who lives in Switzerland, doesn't rent a car when he arrives in the UK. This is due to the fact that the people who drive in the UK are "...a bunch of incompetent, undisciplined, muppets...".

I'm sure anyone who has driven in Europe and returns to the UK off the ferry and drives 1 minute on the M20 seeing the lane hogging and aggression could possibly agree with that statement...
                How come we have the safest roads in Europe, then?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes we have the safest roads, lowest unemployment, lowest crime, wealthiest citizens and the best multiculturalism in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    How come we have the safest roads in Europe, then?
                    Give us the stats and the source.

My experience has been that in the UK standards on motorways are appaling. Lane hoggers, pulling out into far too small a gap, basically not being aware of other drivers.
                    UK urban and town roads are far better than the other euro countries I have driven in.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

http://www.abd.org.uk/safest_roads.htm

This is a non-govt body, but I think you'll find the same whichever source you look at. Deaths are well recorded and hard to fiddle as the stats come from the death reason on the certificate.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X