• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1-2-3 Santander Account -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You do? we have ISAs with them too and never picked up on that one. We do get the 1-2-3 credit card for free as customers, which also gives decent cash-back on supermarket spends.
    Looks like it's only their fixed rate 2 year deal now, and 0.6 %. Back in March when I was changing it was on the standard, but CBA to open a new current account at the time.

Comment

The wife joined a while back, and they gave her a credit card too, so she buys everything with it in the month, then pay's it off. She's bought this little cottage using a Mortgage through 1-2-3 too.

Comment

I had a 5-year bond with National Provincial. On its 5th anniversary I took it in to what had become an Abbey National/ Santander and they quite rudely refused to pay up. I obviously complained in the most polite manner possible (I really was as polite and gentle as its possible to imagine) so the member of staff burst into tears and went and got her manager who took her side and threw me out. Nothing like this has ever happened to me at any time or place. Snotty letters to head office and several months later before I finally got the money out of them. Absolute disgrace and wouldn’t go near them with a bargepole.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          I had a 5-year bond with National Provincial. On its 5th anniversary I took it in to what had become an Abbey National/ Santander and they quite rudely refused to pay up. I obviously complained in the most polite manner possible (I really was as polite and gentle as its possible to imagine) so the member of staff burst into tears and went and got her manager who took her side and threw me out. Nothing like this has ever happened to me at any time or place. Snotty letters to head office and several months later before I finally got the money out of them. Absolute disgrace and wouldn’t go near them with a bargepole.
          I also find that some women get upset by the term 'listen to me sugar tits', OP I feel your pain.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Funnily enough i upgraded mine and the joint account to this 123 at the weekend. What was most pleasing about the whole experience, was seeing the reaction of the rather attractive bank clerk to the huge wad of dosh sat In my old account. She was definitely moist!!! Shameful really. If only I was a single man- quick message to the mobile on her bank card. "blah blah....let me take you away from all this..." Ah well.
            "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
            Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by No2politics View Post
              Funnily enough i upgraded mine and the joint account to this 123 at the weekend. What was most pleasing about the whole experience, was seeing the reaction of the rather attractive bank clerk to the huge wad of dosh sat In my old account. She was definitely moist!!! Shameful really. If only I was a single man- quick message to the mobile on her bank card. "blah blah....let me take you away from all this..." Ah well.
              Had he same thing with First Direct when I changed the mortgage recently. Woman on the phone was most impressed with the amount in the offset account.

Mind you the call centre is in Newcastle and £17.50 will get you a bottle of Thundebird, a packet of fags and a bag of chips for after, a long as she doesn't drop them.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
              X