• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clever CUKkers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Now that sas has admitted he's actually not that clever, I was thinking about who on CUK comes across as being bright.

My shortlist:

NickFitz (obv)
    MTT
    Old Greg
    Zippy

All of them are (or appear to be) what dodgy would dismiss as 'lefties'.

So are the lefties cleverer than righties? Or do my leftie inclinations skew my judgement?
    So you've selected four poor people who don't have a pot to piss in between them. Really clever then.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Its baby Sas I feel sorry for. Private school crammer aged 4.
      You seem to want to broadcast your stupidity with every post. Is that what you mean by EQ?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        So you've selected four poor people who don't have a pot to piss in between them. Really clever then.
        So cleverness is really just how much money you have? I suppose its like class these days.

Everything can have a price put on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          So cleverness is really just how much money you have? .
          Well you could argue that intelligence is as intelligence does. Depends on your motivation in life, I suppose.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            We do actually have one between us. We've built an invisible maglev system to shuttle it around on a just-in-time basis.

Comment

That is a fair point. Ability to play the game and blag your way to riches has got to count as a cleverness.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                That is a fair point. Ability to play the game and blag your way to riches has got to count as a cleverness.
                I'd describe that more as cunning than clever.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  That's a kind of cleverness. I think we could all agree that MF is clever in a Jim'll fix it kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    It describes the vast majority of people running corporations and firms, public and private, these days.
                    Which begs the question: is political skill the best sort of "intelligence" you can possess?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      That's a kind of cleverness. I think we could all agree that MF is clever in a Jim'll fix it kind of way.
                      That sounds a bit 'below the belt'.
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X