• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice one Margaret Hodge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The old adage of the UK being a nation of shop keepers is fast becoming the uk being a nation of shelf stackers.

Comment

I don't understand why that union chap keeps going on about skills. If the skills were required then Rover would not have shut down? If they are so highly skilled how come only one so far has managed to get a job at tescos? If they are so highly skilled how come so many are on training courses?

Please explain if I am missing something here...

Comment

Pretty simple really. They were skilled at making Rover cars. Not much call for that these days.:\

Comment

Highly Unskilled

Friend of mine worked at Rover until the bitter end. He reckoned that of the 6,000 odd employees maybe one or two hundred could be called "highly skilled" and by that he meant they knew how to use a PC, attend site meetings, and supervise staff. He said most of the others were "skilled" in as much as it is a skill knowing how to wander around with a screwdriver tightening the occasional loose screw.

Comment

Re: Highly Unskilled

knowing how to wander around with a screwdriver tightening the occasional loose screw
            I think this forum could do with someone like that

Comment

They were skilled at making Rover cars
              Having driven a few Rovers I can confirm they were not very skilled at all. I can see quite a few struggling with the concept of putting a tin of baked beans on a shelf.
              Praise be to Ms Hodge and her overactive gob for confirming that the policy of this Government is to turn GB PLC into a nation of shelf stackers and burger flippers. We were right all along. Now, where did I put that 'Plan B'...?

Comment

Let them eat cake....

Comment

Working...
                X