• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Howdo!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normal working day is 9am to 5.30pm

I recommend asking for IR35 contracts. That way you get benefits like holiday pay and maternity leave.
    Sometime s the agents try to pull a fast one and by not allocating a company car to you if are above grade C1.

Performance reviews are a bit harder as they are done with the agents.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
      Normal working day is 9am to 5.30pm

I recommend asking for IR35 contracts. That way you get benefits like holiday pay and maternity leave.
      Sometime s the agents try to pull a fast one and by not allocating a company car to you if are above grade C1.

Performance reviews are a bit harder as they are done with the agents.
      You sir are a nutter. I've already said that I **HAVE** read the guides... so I'm unlikely to fall for cack like this.

Tom
      Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you!
      StoneBlog Prime

Comment

Originally posted by StoneLaughter
        You sir are a nutter. I've already said that I **HAVE** read the guides... so I'm unlikely to fall for cack like this.
        Welcome to the General forum. This is usually reserved for abusing New Labour and trying to impose your particular brand of social/racial/religous intolerance on others.

Comment

Mind your language. Us Daleks are easily offended.

Comment

If you have done the research.........get out there and do it!
            And don't forget....as mentioned before no new breasts for at least the first 2 months....

Comment

I don't know about anybody else here, but I found replying to adverts on Jobserve to be a complete waste of time. I seriously doubt that most of them exist.
              I have always got my contracts through contacts, apart from one time when an agent called as I was considering a renewal offer. They really bigged the job up, got me a telephone interview where the client bigged the job up, so I took it.
              Needless to say it was a complete pile of cack and I was very happy when it was over and I could get back to one of my former clients.
              Bottom line is it gets easier the longer you do it and the more contacts you make.
              Boom boom boom boom
              A-haw haw haw haw
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
              Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Tom, you're in very good spirits for someone who's been FIRED!

That's cos ...

Life is SUPERB ain't it?

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
                  Tom, you're in very good spirits for someone who's been FIRED!

That's cos ...

Life is SUPERB ain't it?
                  Heheheheh!!! Indeed I am - it was only money after all. And yes, life is simply fantastic.

Keep smiling chap.

Tom
                  Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you!
                  StoneBlog Prime

Comment

Tom, best advice I can give is dont be scared of feeling your way through for the first contract. Don't fear failure, you'll make mistakes...everyone does thats part of the educashun process You might take a while to get your first contract but stick at it if you can. Stuff that hasn't been mentioned that helped me:

Use networks of friends/colleagues to hear about jobs.
                    Agents are mostly alright as long as you are marketable for them.
                    Don't worry about starting off on a cheap rate. I'm on double what I was 6 years ago. You can increase this as your reputation/skills/knowhow increases.
                    Try and get local work (within 2hrs from home) it keeps your costs down and you don't end up a fat bartist living on takeaways.

all the best

Comment

Hardly surprising is it seeing as I've never been a contractor before? Why on earth do you think I posted as I did? If your reply is typical of the site, then maybe I came to the wrong place... I came looking for help and advice on a professional, business footing.
                      Being a contractor is like being in the marines. You improvise, you adapt, you overcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X