• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland has the second largest GVA per capita out of the four countries in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Thanks for proving what an incompetent fool you are. If you want to do real research you ought to look at real data not some biased Scottish political crap, which even they admit are estimates, and include on-shore oil processing which is confined to Aberdeen.
    Take Aberdeen out of the equation (Porsche to pop ratio there is similar to City) and Scotland sits somewhere between Portugal and Greece.

Plenty of evidence to show London and the SE as the real generators of wealth in the UK

London's economy outperforming the rest of the UK - Infographic summary
    Scotland is thriving - Scottish Economy Watch

Oil revenue was not included in these figures
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Oil revenue was not included in these figures
      Did you read your own link? On-shore activity (i.e. value-added activities such as refining) was included.
      That's what I like about morons - they always manage to shoot themselves in the foot.

Like I said, take the oil "processors" of Aberdeen with their Porches out of the equation and Scotland takes its rightful place between Greece and Portugal.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would not believe anything that comes out of the scotland.gov.uk site, it is being used blatantly for political advantage by the SNP and paid for by taxpayers.

Quite why we allow this tulipe to go on is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I would not believe anything that comes out of the scotland.gov.uk site, it is being used blatantly for political advantage by the SNP and paid for by taxpayers.

because so many MPs are Scottish due to a complete failure to deal with the WLQ by the last idiots.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

It's easy to take in innumerate simpletons like Lord Ha Ha.
            Those figures are quite smart in the propaganda sense, since they cleverly exclude off-shore oil operations, while including on-shore - which adds the value to crude oil
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Like I said, take the oil "processors" of Aberdeen with their Porches out of the equation and Scotland takes its rightful place between Greece and Portugal.
              Clearly you've never been to Aberdeen!! An overgrown grey council estate despite the billions it generates, not a Porches in sight
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Here a wiki link, sponsored by SNP no doubt, providing the same

Economy of Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Clearly you've never been to Aberdeen!! An overgrown grey council estate despite the billions it generates, not a Porches in sight
                  I have actually when I contracted for an oil company in the 90s.
                  I'm not talking about where your family live, the Porsches are concentrated in places like Cults where the oil execs are. If you went there they'd probably call the police
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Here a wiki link, sponsored by SNP no doubt, providing the same

Economy of Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                    No you're right, Wikipedia is the objective truth written by objective, factual people without any bias.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

the Porsches are concentrated in places like Cults where the oil execs are.
                      Yes, London

Comment

Working...
                      X