• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any whisky fans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.05 litres is a double measure, for £6.50. Works out like £90 a bottle. Ouch.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not a big Whiskey fan but like the occasional one and this thread is giving me ideas to pop over the road from my hotel to here: WhiskyDungeon - Ihr Whisky und Rum Shop - Online und in Münster which is also: Willkommen auf der Startseite and have a tipple (the Thistly Cross cider they have there, fermented in whiskey barrels, is rather nice.) Last time I was there I had a few nice ones from the islands, the only problem is that it takes 2 minutes to walk there but at least 20 to get back...

Just seen, they now have their own one: http://www.whiskydungeon.com/Privata...ter::1199.html

Last edited by darmstadt; 3 September 2013, 18:24.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Highly recommend this Kavalan - very unexpected, its Taiwanese

Was at a whisky tasting last night and bought these:

Glendronach 20 years old 1990 Cask 3068
        Glendronach 15 yrs Revival
        Benriach 16 yrs Claret Wood Finish
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

For single cask you pretty much have to taste it first though, right? It would be foolish to splash out on single cask simply on the basis "it's expensive so it must be good" since each cask could be completely different?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            For single cask you pretty much have to taste it first though, right? It would be foolish to splash out on single cask simply on the basis "it's expensive so it must be good" since each cask could be completely different?
            Am lucky, local whisky shop always has a few that you can sample before buying. They do lots of tastings with some really good whiskies.

I also got to try a 1976 Benriach, which didn't grab me either.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Not sure we have a whisky shop, even our Oddbins closed a few years back Although Newcastle's close and must surely have a decent shop.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Not sure we have a whisky shop, even our Oddbins closed a few years back Although Newcastle's close and must surely have a decent shop.
                The main whisky importer for cloggers is five minutes walk from my house (They also do a nice line of wines too!)

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                X