• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Why would an Australian want to earn GBP in a bar in London, when the AUS is so strong and the £ worth feck all? Australia is mega booming. They could earn more picking up lost AUD bills on the floor in Australia than they could earn in London.

I'm net short AUD, no longer live in Australia. And I'm British. You wanna be earning euros now, like me.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      It's years since I did proper software development, and I had just learned Java and OOP, before I retrained in stats, over 10 years ago.
      But I have a question for you current software dev gurus: my eighties CS education 25 years ago did not specify any particular methodology for development, we just learned about top level stuff like NP-complete problems and feasible versus non-feasible problems, algorithmic processes etc.
      So is all this OOP stuff just a distraction? It seems to me there's nothing you can't do with a standard procedural language where you just create software using top-down or bottom-up programming with a collection of black-box functions that you put together?
      I have never found anything that couldnt be done with the old techniques. Plus, a good dev using not so good techniques, will outperform an average bod using the latest rocket science

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        I'm net short AUD, no longer live in Australia. And I'm British. You wanna be earning euros now, like me.
        I'm still waiting for my drink

Comment

I usually give the people in the office who brag about how great their coding skills are a wide berth, they are without exception dull ****ers and more often than not tulipe at what they are paid to do, tugging themselves off in the sad corner about something they have just read online but more often that not leaving a trail of devastation around them in anything they do.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I usually give the people in the office who brag about how great their coding skills are a wide berth, they are without exception dull ****ers and more often than not tulipe at what they are paid to do, tugging themselves off in the sad corner about something they have just read online but more often that not leaving a trail of devastation around them in anything they do.
            Which reminds me, where's Suity?

Comment

Plus their code is usually over-engineered, use technology for the sake of using it and not particularly well written. In my experience, problem solving ability and soft-skills are more important for the majority of gigs than known the latest and greatest obscure features of a language.

Comment

Most people that generalise like this are tossers.

Comment

Most people that generalise are tossers.
                  Indeed.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Most people that generalise like this are tossers.
                    I'd like to say I see what you did there, but you're so stupid I don't think you realise it.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
                      Plus their code is usually over-engineered, use technology for the sake of using it and not particularly well written. In my experience, problem solving ability and soft-skills are more important for the majority of gigs than known the latest and greatest obscure features of a language.
                      Design patterns! We must use more design patterns!

Comment

Working...
                      X