• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Simba!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Access denied - weapons

Comment

Looks like the PVS-14 is the dog's bollox of night vision gear, and has both passive and active modes

Mind you, at $3000 it isn't cheap
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Access denied - weapons
        GCHQ - NSA alert!
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Grandkids running up the hill to hide in the treehouse. - image intesifier

Grandkids and dog in the pitch black - Infra red

Cow at the end of the garden - Image intensifer
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

update
            We landed in Cape Town a week ago and spent a day resting and looking round the city
            The bus tour was good, then we ventured into bo kaap, the Muslim quarter and got a curry in the Mumbai.

On Friday the sixth, we picked up the car and set off. 800k to the east, where we paid thirty quid for a five star room, steak with all the trimmings, a pint and a bottle of wine.
            Next day 1100 km north up the N1, another cheap room. Sunday we got into Kruger. National park 260km.
            Within 20 mins we had seen elephants, giraffes etc. a hundred times better than Yellowstone.

Four nights in Kruger, then today we blasted west an north 800km into Botswana.

The night vision gogs have been spectacular. I managed to find a nice spot on th banks of the lets a river, spotted elephant hyena and a cheetah.

Photos to follow.

First night in Botswana, staying in the diggers.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

This reminds me of someone on here a few years ago who used to hide in the bushes at night while people walked past.

Comment

I thought you said they were amazing - those pictures are terrible. Have I been spoiled watching TV spy shows?

And why is there a cow in your garden?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Access denied - weapons
                  Same here.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I thought you said they were amazing - those pictures are terrible. Have I been spoiled watching TV spy shows?

And why is there a cow in your garden?
                    If they are so bad, how did you know it was cow?

Let.s see you wriggle out of THAT.

Anyways, it's over 40 here in Francistown, we just visited the street market and got some peanuts, tangerines and f.ew m of fabric
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      I wondered that too, but was too polite to ask.
                      It's rural boyo. We have sheeps too.

Today we travelled south 250 km to the Khama rhino reserve.
                      Lots of rhinos and warthogs.

Botswana is really growing on me and the missus. We went off road today, and the kids just stared. Never seen a white face. They stared then lit up with fantastic grins, they ran after us whooping and làughing, it was a great day.
                      The adults are just as much fun, real sense of humour and quick on the uptake. We took loads of pictures of the places they live, real mud huts, with real grass roofs. I would say that a fair proportion of the population, maybe a quarter, live like that.
                      Very humbling, but after a few pints I am back telling the missus Umbongo jokes.

Well, what did you expect?
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X