• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gutless. The stench of appeasement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there really no possibility of a second motion after presenting more evidence?

(I sometimes have second motions the morning after a big meal)
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Feck me. Have you ever thought the reason you're a virgin is that women find you too thick?
      WHS - you need to think read and think about what you have written...

Comment

Feck me. Have you ever thought the reason you're a virgin is that women find you too thick?
        That's a poor argument, if it were true we'd have far fewer chavs.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          That's a bit like saying the UK had no right to stop Germany building an empire

The whole concept of "we'll use armed force to stop you using armed force" is rather paradoxical (or hypocritical depending on your view) anyway.
          My point is that the idea of a "line in the sand", that is crossed by using chemical weapons is complete bollux.
          People will do what they think they have to in a war, like firebombing innocent children in German cities.
          I hate the faux "outrage" whipped up by our propaganda instruments.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Isn't there quite a bit of hypocrisy going on here?
            The US was the first country to routinely use chemical weapons (in Vietnam and Cambodia)- villages were routinely shelled with napalm and areas sprayed with agent orange.

US use of chemical weapons

US use of chemical weapons part 2

Not to mention the use of nuclear Weapons in Japan.

So the idea that WMD should not be used in warfare seems to be retrospective one
            They were hardly the first. Both sides were at it in WW1.

What seems bizarre to me is that it's considered acceptable that 100,000 people have been killed by bullets and bombs but when 0.1% of that number are gassed we're moved to moral outrage.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

My point is that the idea of a "line in the sand", that is crossed by using chemical weapons is complete bollux.
              People will do what they think they have to in a war, like firebombing innocent children in German cities.
              I hate the faux "outrage" whipped up by our propaganda instruments.
              True say - the propaganda machine in this country tries to make out that everything is black and white:

- Evil Assad vs Good Rebels
              - Asad kills children, Rebels kill soldiers
              - UK/US never kill civilians, Arab/Muslim countries love violence
              - Israel good, Palestinians bad
              etc.

Things are a hell of a lot more complicated than that.

Comment

How's about we all put our money where our mouths are. Whatever we collectively donate is probably a piddle in the ocean of what's required, but still.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  They were hardly the first. Both sides were at it in WW1.

What seems bizarre to me is that it's considered acceptable that 100,000 people have been killed by bullets and bombs but when 0.1% of that number are gassed we're moved to moral outrage.
                  Now your talking some sense.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    How's about we all put our money where our mouths are. Whatever we collectively donate is probably a piddle in the ocean of what's required, but still.
                    Ditto that - will make sure to donate there.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Its not bizarre at all. The Uk has one of the world's most effective propaganda regimes, orchestrated media, to shape the "opinions" of the cretinous majority.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X