• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which watch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Red Sauce says the Guess ones are nice.

Also some of the Michael Kors ones - actually I don't know if they do Men's ones. I've a nice Rose Gold one.

Currently though, I'm sporting a Dubai knock off Cartier one that I love and I often revert back to the Thailand Roly-Rolex that I bought years ago and still works ok (well ok ish... it's a bit hit and miss with the time if I've not worn it for a while!)
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
      Time for a new watch methinks.

Nothing really flash but a normal analogue one (aren't they all these days?) with a small digital led display so I can see it in the dark. Something with a nice chunky bezel (is that the term?) . And one thing that would be really cool is an altimeter as I always like to know how high I am. Price - up to about 800 quid.

Any suggestions?
      £800 is easily enough to get you a good watch but your analog plus digital LED display sounds a bit more like a kid's toy watch.

Edit: or a Rado. Ask Dim Prawn for details

Comment

Samsung smartwatch when it ships.

Or the Agent smartwatch when that ships in December.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          Edit: or a Rado. Ask Dim Prawn for details
          Get a Rado, some gold chains and an old BMW with scuffed alloys and a broken silencer for the authentic DP look.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm afraid I view male jewelry as a bit effeminate and flashy, a perfectly good watch can be purchased for £50, get some proper boys toys with the money

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Get a Rado, some gold chains and an old BMW with scuffed alloys and a broken silencer for the authentic DP look.
              Don't forget the spray tan!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                This one keeps good time:

I do like a pocket watch but few men can carry it off and I am not among their number.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've got one of these as my everyday watch. You can get a secondhand one for about £1700.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

A watch like this has worked well for me. Bit pissed off find this for 7.99 though, when I paid 10, 9 years ago.

Mens Black Terrain Boardrider Sports Surf Watch-Velcro Strap+Rotating Bezel-50m Water Resitant-1303G: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      I've got one of these as my everyday watch. You can get a secondhand one for about £1700.
                      Oooh, that looks pretty smart. Might be just a little bit out of my price range

Comment

Working...
                      X