• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alcohol free drinks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Agree on the first bit; utterly stupid and just a sign of being a bit of a sheep. Abstinence isn't necessary if you practice moderation though.
    I've been practicing moderation for years, I'm still useless at it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      It's easy. Stop at two (very excellent) drinks.*

HTH.

*And I don't mean bottles
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Agreed. I meant abstain from getting drunk rather than alcohol.
        I buy very expensive wines and malts and drink them slowly.
        Indeed; some people buy the cheapest wine they can find. Better to buy the best you can afford and savour it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Get yourself some top class Barolo or another big, powerful red wine; it's too expensive to drink in huge amounts, and it's arguably better the 1st and 2nd day after opening it, so if you drink the bottle in one go you'll be missing a great experience. Top rieslings can be like that too, if you prefer white.

Comment

Abstinence isn't necessary if you practice moderation though.
            Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder, though.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder, though.

There was a chap who had an unusual flatulence related OCD issue; every time he farted he shouted 'Honda!' So he went to see a long line of shrinks and gastro-enteroligists including Harley Street's finest, and none of them could solve the conundrum, until finally he visited a Japanese doctor who discovered he had an abcess in a sensitive spot. 'An abcess?' he said, a little discombobulated.
              'Yes sir!' replied the doctor. 'Abcess make the fart go Honda!'

Comment

There was a chap who had an unusual flatulence related OCD issue; every time he farted he shouted 'Honda!' So he went to see a long line of shrinks and gastro-enteroligists including Harley Street's finest, and none of them could solve the conundrum, until finally he visited a Japanese doctor who discovered he had an abcess in a sensitive spot. 'An abcess?' he said, a little discombobulated.
                'Yes sir!' replied the doctor. 'Abcess make the fart go Honda!'

Ah yes, the old Japanese doctor joke.

Wasn't he the bloke who used in vitro fertilisation to grow a young geisha, for his own uses.
                But the baby grew a willy and tried to bone him so he punched it out.
                Then he got arrested for making an obscene clone fall

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'm familiar with drinking in moderation. It's a stepping stone to oblivion.

Actually, there's a pub in Reading called the Moderation...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

When I lived in Clapham my local was called oblivion. I often ended up there.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

There is (or was) a bar just north of London Bridge called 'The Fine Line'

Comment

Working...
                      X