• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Babysitter/Au Pair/Nanny/Childminder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if I can convince my wife we need an au pair. We don't have any kids, but that's a minor point.
    I'll even supply the uniform for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      I wonder if I can convince my wife we need an au pair. We don't have any kids, but that's a minor point.
      Why bother with a wife if that's what you really want?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Call her a housekeeper. A french maid outfit from ann summers or somewhere as corporate uniform and your sorted.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Why bother with a wife if that's what you really want?
          Well somebody's got to clean the house.

Comment

I bet your wife thinks you need looking after. And if its sexual it will save her a job.

Comment

A couple of the guys at one of my previous client's tried to hire an au pair they were terribly fed up when the agency told them that they did not supply young girls to hang around a shag pad and cook food... In the end I think they found a student from the local uni to kick around for free and cook and billed the client for a serviced apartment

They were a pair of WAGs...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I bet your wife thinks you need looking after. And if its sexual it will save her disappointment.
                FTFY

Comment

What would be Gentile's short view on this one?

Under 1000 words please...

Comment

sorry to hear about the missus psychocandy.
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

We have used nursery, nanny and just recently a childminder (for the summer holidays).

Nursery - visit all of them, you will soon get a feel for whether the children are happy. A general rule is avoid if the staff are very young. Don't count on Ofsted conclusions, one of the worst nurseries we visited had an Ofsted outstanding rating.

Nanny - luckily I work from home so I can monitor nannies. Had one nightmare one with mental health issues who was going through a divorce. Sacked her on the spot one day when I noticed she'd been on the phone all day. Got a great nanny now, older lady who has a granddaughter about SG junior's age, great refs, she brings the granddaughter to our house and they have a whale of a time. Its nice hearing kids playing when you work.

Childminder - had my doubts but had no choice for summer holidays. SG Junior seems to love it. Pick one who's obviously serious about it. You can tell by visiting and seeing how much investment they've put into their house and how many refs they're willing to provide. Our one has converted her downstairs into a playroom with their own toilet and the garden is well equipped with slides etc.

Trust your instinct, look to see if the other children are happy, that's all I can say.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X