• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the big deal?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    They're vicious buggers. I had to smack one in the head with an oar once when rowing down the Avon and one attacked. That did seem to piss it off even more though.
    Perhaps if the Windsor swans were a bit more vicious they wouldn't have been eaten.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Perhaps if the Windsor swans were a bit more vicious they wouldn't have been eaten.
      You saying they need to "Swan up"?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        If the Queen ordered it, then now problem. I understand killing swans is illegal, and one of the few remaining laws to come under treason.
        Why should only the queen be allowed to eat swan? Why can't it be extended to commoners - like the LOrds?

Comment

You saying they need to "Swan up"?
          Short of carrying a submachine gun I really don't know what else they could do to be more aggressive. They are generally a grumpy species even when you are feeding them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Why should only the queen be allowed to eat swan? Why can't it be extended to commoners - like the LOrds?
            You want to let the Queen eat commoners and lords?

Does she like that sort of thing?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              You want to let the Queen eat commoners and lords?

Does she like that sort of thing?
              Well Fergie ate a commoner.

Comment

If the Queen ordered it, then now problem. I understand killing swans is illegal, and one of the few remaining laws to come under treason.
                I don't think it is treason, just criminal damage.

It's basically the same as if someone went and smashed up SasGuru's new Japanese car.

Except the swans actually exist.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Thanks hadn't read that far down

Regardless of yet another racist tussle it seems very odd that the pond was full of Swans for the previous 20 years but all of a sudden a border several thousand miles away opens up and the swans vanish almost overnight....

Yet you still have no problem connecting the two, as it suits what you want to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    I don't think it is treason, just criminal damage.

It's basically the same as if someone went and smashed up SasGuru's new Japanese car.

Except the swans actually exist.
                    It's not new anymore, its a few months old.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post

Yet you still have no problem connecting the two, as it suits what you want to believe.
                      No to me it seems pretty far fetched that anyone would travel several thousand miles to eat a bunch of swans but the anecdotal evidence seems to coincide with the sudden and rapid influx of eastern europeans and just because it's an uncomfortable point it doesn't mean that it isn't the cause...

If you were to do some amazing sleuth work that came up with a better reason why the swan population seemed to almost vanish overnight than the "Ruskies ate them!!!" then I am more than content to hear it on its merits.

Comment

Working...
                      X