• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent films

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Have to agree there - It was if they'd run out of money or time.

Rather like a novel I read a couple of years ago, The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova - A gripping and intriguing thriller, let down by an abrupt and anti-climactic ending. Apart from anything else, with a different ending it would have been a cinch for a sequel.
    That was a great book, have to agree with you about the ending.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Watched the latest Star Trek last night, it was well rank.
      Do you mean it was a load of J Arthur, or that it was distributed by the Rank Organisation and worth watching?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Saw Kick Ass 2 yesterday. Probably a 5-6/10. Nowhere near as good as the first film.

Also saw Wolverine. That was disappointing. Again give that a 4/5 out of 10. Confusing plot with lots of holes in it. Mutant versus man where man keeps kicking Wolverines arse. This is by far the worst film out of the whole Xmen franchise.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Saw Jack Reacher (2012) yesterday - 7 out of 10 on IMDB, and well worth watching

Comment

Saw Jack Reacher (2012) yesterday - 7 out of 10 on IMDB, and well worth watching
            Agreed, wife enjoyed it too.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Over the weekend, all recommended:
              * No One Lives (2012) - Pretty gory, but good plot
              * Killing Season (2013) - Starring Robert De Niro & John Travolta
              * Little Murder (2011) - Ghost helps out in murder case. Sounds twee, but actually very good

edit: Little Murder's 4.4 IMDB score is completely unaccountable. Shows one shouldn't treat these scores, whether good or bad, as gospel. Should have been at least 5.5 IMHO
              Last edited by OwlHoot; 26 August 2013, 09:21.

Comment

+1 I watched that too over the weekend and despite not liking Cruise it was one of his more enjoyable films - ruined it somewhat by then watching Oblivion which I thought was a pile of predictable poo
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Now you see me is very entertaining, plus Isla Fisher still looks amazing.

Comment

Saw The Lone Ranger last night.

It could have been nearly as bad as that Will Smith classic, Wild Wild West but was 90% saved by Johnny Depp as Tonto.

So it gets 7/10 from me - could have been 8/10 if the running time was trimmed a bit!

Comment

I watched "Now you see me" yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X