• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have we done...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do wonder why after decades of breast feeding being a private activity everyone is so passionate to make it a public activity again? I know its a right but why is there an obsession to make it a side show?

Now that doesn't mean I want mums to go sit on the bog to feed, I believe allowances should be made to make it comfortable to feed in public.

My wife just plans feeds so she doesn't slap her baps out in public. We also pack a bottle if we are out.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I do wonder why after decades of breast feeding being a private activity everyone is so passionate to make it a public activity again? I know its a right but why is there an obsession to make it a side show?

Now that doesn't mean I want mums to go sit on the bog to feed, I believe allowances should be made to make it comfortable to feed in public.

My wife just plans feeds so she doesn't slap her baps out in public. We also pack a bottle if we are out.
      It's hooman rights innit.

Hooman rights to say what you like. Hooman rights to want what you like. Hooman rights to do what you like

Unless of course you're in UKIP then you're a racist bastard.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

I totally agree with you and for the record, I didn't even b/f for longer than 20 mins in total.

However, I don't think it is appropriate for people to be giving her grief for feeding her child.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Good for us and the rest of society if you don't have kids.
          FTFY
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I would probably have ended the interview too.

Other than calling it disgusting, from the article I can't see the interviewer did much wrong. The whole thing is an issue of respect, some people aren't uncomfortable with breastfeeding in front of them, but others are. The respectful thing to do would be to explain to the interviewer that the baby needed feeding and asked if they minded if she fed the child. I hate mentality that women have that because they are legally allowed to breastfed anywhere they don't show any respect for the situation they are in or the people around them. I am legally allowed to fart and pick my nose, these are also completely natural, but there are situations where it is not appropriate.

Comment

I totally agree with you and for the record, I didn't even b/f for longer than 20 mins in total.

However, I don't think it is appropriate for people to be giving her grief for feeding her child.
              the grief isn;'t for feeding her child. IT is for a complete lack of respect of the interviewer, the job centre and the benefits system.

Comment

She is 29 and has 5 kids.... I don't think getting a job is on her "to do" list anyway.

Benefits system is bonkers but that is another debate.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

She is 29 and has 5 kids.... I don't think getting a job is on her "to do" list anyway.

Benefits system is bonkers but that is another debate.
                  IF you were in her situation what would you have done?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                    I am legally allowed to fart and pick my nose, these are also completely natural, but there are situations where it is not appropriate.
                    You are legally allowed to express misguided, ill informed opinions as well. Can you see a pattern here?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I find it funny that the parents on here are all saying that the job centre are in the wrong, but are refusing to criticise the woman. Just because some people need to have children to justify their existence or to maintain the illusion they are leaving some kind of legacy. don't inflict it on the rest of us who don't want to have to deal with screaming babies in restaurants. See disgusting sagging breasts covered in stretchmarks, or have to fight our way through trollies to get a sandwich at lunchtime. Having children is a choice and a right, but so should be not wanting them and not having to tolerate them.

Comment

Working...
                      X