• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attn: Developers and Sys or Application Admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    *waits for someone to look at me and start blaming the BA for not ensuring the project backlog was kept up-to-date....*
    Don't blame yourself. The problem with these onshore testers is they're just not Agile enough.

Comment

Putting my Environments hat on, why has someone let Dev's access to Test Environments?

If I could get away with it I'd change the admin password here and only let people access to where I want them to meddle
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Don't blame yourself. The problem with these onshore testers is they're just not Agile enough.
        So you're creating risks faster than you can control them?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Putting my Environments hat on, why has someone let Dev's access to Test Environments?
          Because Mr or Mrs 'Someone' is a fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            So you're creating risks faster than you can control them?
            I'm managing a variable risk profile. I may need a team and a rate increase if this carries on.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I'm managing a variable risk profile.
              oooh, look at Mr Fancypants!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                oooh, look at Mr Fancypants!
                That's how you get a Mr Fancypants rate.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

If I could get away with it I'd change the admin password here and only let people access to where I want them to meddle
                  Last time I owned an environment, that's exactly what I did. I wandered in on the monday spent the week watching the access logs then on friday morning wandered into the CTO's office for a quiet chat. Monday morning the Test and Pre prod envs were locked and now off limits to the Dev teams. with only code deployments allowed by the sysadmin teams and testing team.

Works really well after the shouting dies down...

Comment

Hang on, I noticed a bug in some of the multi threading control code so I quickly hacked a fix in, it should not change anything else. Whilst I was there I refactored some of the older code too so it should work better.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                      Hang on, I noticed a bug in some of the multi threading control code so I quickly hacked a fix in, it should not change anything else. Whilst I was there I refactored some of the older code too so it won't work at all.
                      ftfy

Comment

Working...
                      X