• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OU results in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done

Its just a shame that the rates they started charging from last year make it far far more expensive.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Excellent. What's she studying?
      Classical History - I've learned not ask "What did the Romans ever do for us?" when she's around.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Well done

Its just a shame that the rates they started charging from last year make it far far more expensive.
        Not if you live in Wales.

Comment

Well done

Aye, lots of modules I fancy, but not forking out 2.5K to do them.

Comment

Well done

Blame it on the government (all political persuasions are included).
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
              Not if you live in Wales.
              Wales and Scotland will work out at some point they can't afford to subsidised their students that much at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Why must everything have a "practical value"? Learning is its own reward. And you won't find much "practical value" in art, music, literature, or just about anything that distinguishes humanity from a mound of termites.
                WNFS
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Why must everything have a "practical value"? Learning is its own reward. And you won't find much "practical value" in art, music, literature, or just about anything that distinguishes humanity from a mound of termites.
                  Because it now costs so much people can't justify the expense of learning for pleasure. Granted its probably a short term thing as https://www.coursera.org/ and their ilk provide cheaper courses.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Wales and Scotland will work out at some point they can't afford to subsidised their students that much at some point.
                    Or England will work out they can't afford not to.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Because it now costs so much people can't justify the expense of learning for pleasure. Granted its probably a short term thing as https://www.coursera.org/ and their ilk provide cheaper courses.
                      You are presuming that people doing a degree in some subject you don't value is doesn't have an economic benefit.

I think I've had this discussion before on here where I stated examples of people doing random degrees that the media hype as useless but in my example actually provided an economic benefit to the person and the economy.

Comment

Working...
                      X