• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kate Middletons baby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh well.

My 500-1 outside bet of Adolf Genghis Himmler Windsor didn't come off. What a waste of £100.
    You call that waste? Just watch what the lucky bookie did with your hundred quid

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      I thought I was being clever when I thought it might be George, but upon checking Paddy Power had it down as 6/4 favorite.

So potentially we can have:

Charles III
      William V
      George VII

qh
      Then Henry IX
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I wonder if the monarchy will still be around for King George to take the throne. Realistically we're probably looking about 50 years away.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I wonder if the monarchy will still be around for King George to take the throne. Realistically we're probably looking about 50 years away.
          I certainly hope it is, I think the switch is still 83%/17% between Royalists and Republicans, and as there is no single factor that could cause a dramatic change in opinion (due to the fact the royals have very limited actual powers).

They are mainly for show, good will and the bump to the economy that they bring, which at an estimated £1bn a year is much more than they get from the Tresury, which in fact since the Civil List was scrapped is actually money given BACK to the Royal Family from profits of the Crown Estates
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I certainly hope it is, I think the switch is still 83%/17% between Royalists and Republicans, and as there is no single factor that could cause a dramatic change in opinion (due to the fact the royals have very limited actual powers).

They are mainly for show, good will and the bump to the economy that they bring, which at an estimated £1bn a year is much more than they get from the Tresury, which in fact since the Civil List was scrapped is actually money given BACK to the Royal Family from profits of the Crown Estates
            I like the royal family too, but I think you only need one of them to start behaving like a dickhead and their popularity will plummet. The queen has always behaved impeccably and that's why she's so well respected. Charles lost a lot of respect with the whole Diana/Camilla thing although he does seem to have recovered. Wills hasn't really made any sort of mark yet.

Comment

I like the royal family too, but I think you only need one of them to start behaving like a dickhead and their popularity will plummet. The queen has always behaved impeccably and that's why she's so well respected. Charles lost a lot of respect with the whole Diana/Camilla thing although he does seem to have recovered. Wills hasn't really made any sort of mark yet.
              If Harry can recover from the whole dressed-as-a-Nazi, strip billiards, racist video thing then what must the next generation do to cock it up???
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Presumably that's like saying 70% of us Christians, which of course is complete cobblers in reality, most just fit into that wishy washy not really sure bracket.

I suppose it depends exactly what you mean by "monarchy". I object to them having any part in the operation of the state, and certainly object to them being given a whole load of tax payers money when they're already stinking rich. So remove the monarch as head of state, stop giving them cash (unless they do work for the state which is different), but The Queen can still be The Queen.

Also cobblers. How do they bring a boost to the economy? The fact we have had a monarchy, and all the history that goes with that brings in money, but all those American tourists won't stop coming to see Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London etc. just because we don't have a current monarch.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  If Harry can recover from the whole dressed-as-a-Nazi, strip billiards, racist video thing then what must the next generation do to cock it up???
                  Harry isn't in line for the throne. If Wills had done that stuff I don't think it would have been tolerated quite as well.

Comment

I see no reason it wouldn't.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Harry isn't in line for the throne. If Wills had done that stuff I don't think it would have been tolerated quite as well.
                      He's closer to the throne than Victoria was when she was born...
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X