• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocking photoes of deprived London borough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Lady in red/white flower dress in 5th picture down. I win.
    she is da teacher. No 16 year old would dress that sad surely?

Babe in Black to the right is the only one until the chavs with bikes.

You can see why people feel the face of the nation has changed.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I think it's a nice idea. No different to daughter's prom where the girls all hired limos and the boys went for more novelty rides - an armoured car, a Harley etc. which I think is fairly standard.

Comment

We used to run prom cars for a bit in the old classics game. If it's not a friend who's doing you a favour and you're paying cash money it's important to make sure the car is licensed as your son\daughter won't be insured in the event of an accident. We were doing a gig at Winchester Guildhall and every stretch limo was being rolled by the Old Bill. When we set up I had to be CRB checked, take my taxi licence and pay £1000 in extra licence fees and insurance to be legit. Even at £200-£250 a time, there weren't enough proms in the year to make it worth our while so we chucked it in to concentrate on doing weddings.

Andy (in lovable racist Cockernee taxi driver mode).
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          5 minutes until the ferrari is on bricks.
          Not in those sorts of estates.

People know what respect means, they are not going to risk the sort of kicking that will be dishes out if they get caught.

I owned many brand new cars when I lived in walthamstow, they never got touched. In fact I dropped my wallet as I got out my car once and one of the youths came and put it through my letterbox when he found it 3 hours later

However it took all of one week for a little country tuliphead to try and pull the badge of my MR2 when I moved out of London...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            According to Daily Mail -Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Bentleys are hired by TEENAGERS in deprived London borough to 'show off' at their school prom
            Pick up your prom date in a chauffeur driven 2 seater sports car?

Epic fail.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Proms? another stupid import from the septics. What a waste of time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed View Post
                Proms? another stupid import from the septics. What a waste of time and money.
                WHS. What was wrong with the school disco?

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                  Pick up your prom date in a chauffeur driven 2 seater sports car?

Epic fail.
                  It's the thought that matters...

Comment

"in area where upwards of one in 10 area out of work "

Is the unemployment rate not 8% anyway?

The thing screams of "I don't like them so they can't spend their money on what they like, I think it came from benefits anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      "in area where upwards of one in 10 area out of work "

Is the unemployment rate not 8% anyway?

The thing screams of "I don't like them so they can't spend their money on what they like, I think it came from benefits anyway"
                      Agree completely, they probably saved money by living as a larger family unit (Granny, Grandad, uncles,aunts etc all live with the family and contribute their wage) having a cash business and working very hard.

They could spend it on far worse things such as getting roaring drunk and fluorescent boob tubes.

There is also a strong sense of 'face' in social occasions, went to a christening of a half Indian family's latest child, they both work extremely hard as carers 'wiping bums for a living' for a pittance yet they laid on a very generous and impressive spread.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X