• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Reading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 recent reads i can recommend are:

Nothing To Envy

and How to get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia

I will be very surprised if the latter is not on the Man Booker longlist announced next week.

Comment

I usually take a massive pile of books and don't read any of them except the guide book. I've been rereading Russell's history of western philosophy for a decade. Murakami or Iain M Banks tend to get ploughed through though.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I can't imagine a holiday so boring with so little interaction that there's much time to sit and read a book? What sort of saddos are you people?

Christ I'm hiring speed boats and renting a jeep and travelling round meeting people, going to pool parties, going horse riding on the beach etc....

May as well holiday in your local library.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I can't imagine a holiday so boring with so little interaction that there's much time to sit and read a book? What sort of saddos are you people?

Christ I'm hiring speed boats and renting a jeep and travelling round meeting people, going to pool parties, going horse riding on the beach etc....

On the plane, at the airport. Plus i doubt you are doign those things 24/7.

I love reading, and as much as i love a busy holiday, i also love to be in a sun lounger with a cocktail and a good book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
            On the plane, at the airport. Plus i doubt you are doign those things 24/7.

I love reading, and as much as i love a busy holiday, i also love to be in a sun lounger with a cocktail and a good book.
            If I'm on a sun lounger I'm staring at some birds arse, not a book.

Comment

You need a book so it isnt so blatant

Comment

What a stud and social butterfly you are.
                And there we were thinking you're a sad, lonely, divorced, middle-aged man living in Swindon who hasn't travelled out of Europe.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Try this one and you might get a bit closer to her arse;

Forever Laid Formula: Best Ways To Get Women To Sleep With You. How To Seduce Any Woman And Get Laid Now. Easy Seduction And Dating Tips For Men.: Taylor Timms: 9780986600425: Amazon.com: Books
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I usually take a massive pile of books and don't read any of them except the guide book. I've been rereading Russell's history of western philosophy for a decade. Murakami or Iain M Banks tend to get ploughed through though.
                    No kindle?

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                      You need a book so it isnt so blatant
                      A book with a heart-shaped hole in it to peep through, like your avatar
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X