• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestion to board admins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    His numbers are certainly incorrect - 10% of 500 is 50, and there are less than that many posters on here.

Those multi-nickname spammers are easy to track - their pattern of usage of this site is very different, they would login and post, then login under different nickname - correlate this with datestamps of posts and it will be obvious that different people will never login sequentially in such a short time from same IP, meaning ban all such nicks and IP.

Do you get off on this jackboot stomping around, I am never wrong attitude....or are you genuinely enjoying this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      His numbers are certainly incorrect - 10% of 500 is 50, and there are less than that many posters on here.

Those multi-nickname spammers are easy to track - their pattern of usage of this site is very different, they would login and post, then login under different nickname - correlate this with datestamps of posts and it will be obvious that different people will never login sequentially in such a short time from same IP, meaning ban all such nicks and IP.
      AOL.
      http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Those who use AOL (who employ proxies) will get exactly what they deserve.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This was in the first post at the start of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          Just ******* ban everyone, close down this miserable site and tell everyone to piss off and get a life.

HTH

Sound advice, DP.
          We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

You have been here far longer than I

Comment

Excuse me for asking

but what is the big deal with people having multiple Id's anyway?
              Why is Alexei so upset by this? Is he suffering from schizophrenia and wants to punish himself?

Now there's a thought.
              If you could choose to post under someone else's ID, which ID would you choose and why?
              Why not?

Comment

I would use AtW....he's been here far too long.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This was in the first post at the start of the thread.
                  Yeah...which is good enough for me
                  http://nickmueller.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                    I would use AtW....he's been here far too long.
                    I am AtW.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      Ban all nicknames that access the site from the same IP address....
                      Yes, but why?

Comment

Working...
                      X