• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snnowden and the breathtaking abuse of liberty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be more concerned that they can decrypt a lot of encrypted traffic. I wonder if they are?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      FTFY.

Well it seems that Germany protesteth too much since they use the data supplied by America.
      And they sell bank data they've bought from thieves.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Then get a Swedish VPN. iPredator is the way to go.
        Presumably they can break that, if they want to. More worrying is that using something like that will get you onto a higher priority list on the basis you're probably trying to hide something. You probably stand more chance of being anonymous being part of the unencrypted crowd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the shear scale of data from monitoring all traffic must make the chances of finding a terrorist so insignificant as to make it not worth the effort, compared to say monitoring the communications of a specific person you suspect of being a terrorist and see who they talk to.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The Matrix is real?
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Then get a Swedish VPN. iPredator is the way to go.
            Why? I can't imagine that any of my traffic of of interest to anyone

Comment

I do not know what gives cause for anyone on CUK to be concerned about all this
              Let me remind you of what the CUK forum is for and why you are here. It is because

YOU ARE OF NO INTEREST TO ANYONE but yourselv..........
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Let me remind you of what the CUK forum is for and why you are here. It is because

WE ARE OF NO INTEREST TO ANYONE but ourselv..........
                Ahem FTFMe
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Presumably they can break that, if they want to. More worrying is that using something like that will get you onto a higher priority list on the basis you're probably trying to hide something. You probably stand more chance of being anonymous being part of the unencrypted crowd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the shear scale of data from monitoring all traffic must make the chances of finding a terrorist so insignificant as to make it not worth the effort, compared to say monitoring the communications of a specific person you suspect of being a terrorist and see who they talk to.
                  As with the Boston bombers. They were followed, their Internet activity monitored and emails intercepted yet it did not prevent the tragedy. Surveillance is not really about terrorists, it is about controlling the population and industrial espionage.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

YOU ARE OF NO INTEREST TO ANYONE but yourselv..........
                    Once you have that level of information you can control who is in government and what they do, even if you have to suffer reading about SAS fictional life story along the way
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                      Once you have that level of information you can control who is in government and what they do, even if you have to suffer reading about SAS fictional life story along the way
                      I'd imagine that they'd save on performance and storage if they just read the Daily Wail...

<looks hard at vetran>
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X