• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Return to the glory days: Comment for CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to the glory days: Comment for CUK

From today, I will be writing my weekly comment on topics taken from these
    vibrant postings.

Each week, CUK's editorial team will select the most hotly debated, amusing,
    curious or popular IT thread that is pertinent to contracting.

You are invited to take part in formulating an article by submitting your
    comments on the topic directly to me.

This week's hot-topic, promted by Francko's Show me the money, looks at how the turn of last century's glory days compare to now.

Do you agree we're in line with the original boom?

If so why, and how, is that? How much are UK contractors benefiting. Is there even any truth in the idea of "glory days?"

Please reply via private message. The best comments will be published on the CUK news front-page.

Cheers
    William Knight

And you are?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

How do I get a gold star?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        And you are?
        .. a
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

And today's lesson is ...

... how to bite the hand that feeds you ...

And our start teachers are .... sasguru and n5gooner.

Comment

Only asking. Don't know who William Knight is. In the absence of explanation I assume it's spam.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

"The best comments will be published on the CUK news front-page. "

Think he may be something to do with CUK

Honestly you lot are like a pack of hyenas when someone new appears - poor blokes probably sitting in a corner absolutely terrified now - shame on you all

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt

Honestly you lot are like a pack of hyenas when someone new appears - poor blokes probably sitting in a corner absolutely terrified now - shame on you all
                If he's anything to do with CUK, he'll be used to it by now ...
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

William Knight is a good journalist whose presence on this board is akin to ray of light in the dungeon. How do I know? Well, he wrote about SKA!

So kids, try to behave like mature people for a change and if you got nothing useful to say then don't say it at all.

Comment

Do you chaps ever look at the front page?

If it is the same W. Knight then he has already taken one of our conversations and put it on the front http://www.contractoruk.com/002761.html.

I hope he understands the general forum is generally full of crap!
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X