• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This weekend I shall be mostly be...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    And with BOD on the bench, this of course wouldn't happen?

I reckon the lines to win it - Davies to make the crucial line break that seals the deal
    Well, you don't need to believe me, but maybe you'd listen to the last series winning Lions head coach AND assistant coach, the only NH coach ever to have won a World Cup, the only unbeaten Lions captain in history and quite a few other rather handy players ranging from JPR to Keith Wood and Will Carling, who might not be your favourite but he did win 72 international caps in the same position as BOD, so he sort of knows a bit about playing centre.

Davies is good, but BOD should be on the bench to provide options that Tuilagi, for all his potential, can't provide.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Today I had the doctor stick a pair of scissors into the hole, about 1/2 cm wide, in my cheek and cut something and then stick a little white tablet in it, weird. Back on Tuesday morning and hopefully all the pus has stopped running out

This weekend I will be doing this: Darmstädter Heinerfest ? Das große Innenstadt- und Volksfest plus various cafes, biergartens, eateries and pubs in the sun

Monday car goes for a service and TüV (MOT), back to work Wednesday when, hopefully, the hangover has gone
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

drop the VXR8 at Monkfish performance for sorting out rear shocks and front springs. Possibly looking at getting a car for my bird. Oh well. lot's of things.
        I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          And with BOD on the bench, this of course wouldn't happen?

I reckon the lines to win it - Davies to make the crucial line break that seals the deal
          Anyway, it's not emotion; I'd love to see Tuilagi in there or even any other England centre like Twelvetrees. It's logic; you need a game changer who can give you a different approach in the 2nd half. BOD defended very well in the last two tests but didn't get much ball. Even at 34 his ability to lead and ability to create something from nothing are invaluable. Tuilagi is an exciting talent, but no more than that yet and still basically a strength based centre.

Gatland's chosen a one dimensional 'bash them out of the way' approach that not even England in the early 90s would choose and left himself no other options. Add to that, he's picked a second row as captain, and much as I admire Alun Wyn Jones and can think of great 2nd row captains (Willie John, Bill Beaumont, MJ), he's had to break up the best 2nd row partnership on the tour leaving aside Paul O'Connell (Gray and Parling) to accomodate the captain and left out the other big line out winner, Tom Croft, who's also capable of playing like an extra centre when you need some speed and flair. Did you watch the Queensland game? Parling and Gray were treating their line out like a game of 'name that tune'; I'll catch that in one. They took turns to rip the piss out of the opposition. But of course it's isn't about speed and flair or stealing opposition ball, it's about a team of steamrollers as far as Gatland's concerned. He's made it easy for Aus to plan for this, whereas with BOD on the bench they don't know what to expect. BOD makes it 100% more difficult for the opposition to plan their defense even if he doesn't play the starring role himself.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Flying to San Fran. :-(
            Thought you'd knocked that on the 'ead. You've whinged about it more than psychocandy,

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Thought you'd knocked that on the 'ead. You've whinged about it more than psychocandy,
              While he's moaned about america a lot, no-one could possibly whinge as much as psycho did.

As for me:-

BBQ tomorrow
              NRM York on Sunday to see all 6 Mallards. Then possibly the cinema on the way back.
              Last edited by eek; 5 July 2013, 14:03.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tonight - giving Mrs MUN a massage and some wine after a tense Offsted inspection.

Tomorrow - checking equipment and armour ready for the Tewkesbury show next week. Trailer is mostly packed, soft kit is packed in the bags. Need to make sure all relevant armour and weapons are ready to go.

Sunday - training. Former European champion is popping over so should get some good fighting done. Having a BBQ afterwards so it should be a nice afternoon.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Just back from beers at "The Globe", London Wall
                  Tonight - Mrs Scruff been to collected 2.5Kg fillet steak. Ermmm - Chuck it on the Braai and have a lovely Rioja to accompany it
                  Tomorrow - Wash the Porker and then to Hyde Park for Strolling Bones concert
                  Sunday - Bloody hell but my head will be sore - friendly golf match at Liphook at midday. Sunday night will be more steak and Rioja and some Hockenheim on the Sky+

Bring it on...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Travel back to Rochdale on the train with a few beers. Cut the grass when I get home because its very long then veg in the garden with a few more beers. Up early tomorrow to drive to Worcester. Clean my sons room out and bring him and his belongings home. Pub saturday night. Probably have a bbq with my son on Sunday for lunch. Pick the wife up from the airport on Sunday night. Back to London on the very early train on Monday.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Well happily in NL we can't see the trainwreck that will be the Lions match.
                      I will
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X