• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jon Venables to be freed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    This pair can't be fixed. I stand by my words.
    You do realise that Thompson was released over 10 years ago and, as far as anyone knows, has been as good as gold ever since?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      You do realise that Thompson was released over 10 years ago and, as far as anyone knows, has been as good as gold ever since?
      Wasn't he diagnosed as a psychopath at the time or shortly after? Showed no remorse or something like that and claimed by Venables his parents to be the 'leader' during the 'event'?

Could be he's rehabilitated, or could be he's very clever and has enough nous to keep a low profile?

Dunno, the whole thing turned my stomach and affected me deeply at the time and even know when this sort of thing comes up.

Let's no forget the effects of this on Jamie Bulger's parents - irritating or not, imagine what they'd been through, i don't know if they'd had to identify his body but, Christ, I just can't imagine...

Comment

Working...
      X