• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lions again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I wasn't wrong; BOD could have scored even more.

And there's something I just don't like about Gatland; dunno what it is.

Where I was wrong was in assuming that Australia would actually be good.
    Subjunctive dear fellow and quite unknowable.

Emotionally inspired, but that is part of your charm.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Incidentally, wasn't it Alexander that kept winning penalties off Vinupola? What goes round comes around!
      Yep. Serves Aus right for bending the laws in their domestic competition to make the scrum look like RL. As soon as a proper union ref turns up, they're turned into mincemeat.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        Subjunctive dear fellow and quite unknowable.

Emotionally inspired, but that is part of your charm.
        I'm a forward; we're all big softies like that.

Comment

I wasn't wrong; BOD could have scored even more.
          Agreed, that record score could have been even higher.

Seriously though, I cannot see who BOD could have replaced in that line-up. Certainly not Davies or Roberts. But as a (crap) forward myself, what would I know about the girls' side of the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Agreed, that record score could have been even higher.

Seriously though, I cannot see who BOD could have replaced in that line-up. Certainly not Davies or Roberts. But as a (crap) forward myself, what would I know about the girls' side of the pitch.
            Tuilagi, as much as I like the kid.

Comment

I'm a forward; we're all big softies like that.
              So it's true that forwards are a bit backward?

(Although I would probably hesitate to say that to them if I was about to play a game with them!)
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I can see why Tuilagi was picked over BOD, as an impact player BOD isn't. To be honest, I am really surprised he isn't ramming it down the presses throat, for he knew his team, knew the form players and had a plan, which we knew would work.

I also always said if we're 1-1 going into the 3rd test as a decider, that we'd win, only for we had a proper referee on the pitch and we were so overwhelmingly better in that department, if it was refereed to a Northern Hemisphere interpretation. I am a touch surprised at the score though.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  So it's true that forwards are a bit backward?

(Although I would probably hesitate to say that to them if I was about to play a game with them!)
                  !oN

Comment

Working...
                  X