• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lions again

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lions again"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    So it's true that forwards are a bit backward?

(Although I would probably hesitate to say that to them if I was about to play a game with them!)
    !oN

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    I can see why Tuilagi was picked over BOD, as an impact player BOD isn't. To be honest, I am really surprised he isn't ramming it down the presses throat, for he knew his team, knew the form players and had a plan, which we knew would work.

I also always said if we're 1-1 going into the 3rd test as a decider, that we'd win, only for we had a proper referee on the pitch and we were so overwhelmingly better in that department, if it was refereed to a Northern Hemisphere interpretation. I am a touch surprised at the score though.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I'm a forward; we're all big softies like that.
    So it's true that forwards are a bit backward?

(Although I would probably hesitate to say that to them if I was about to play a game with them!)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Agreed, that record score could have been even higher.

Seriously though, I cannot see who BOD could have replaced in that line-up. Certainly not Davies or Roberts. But as a (crap) forward myself, what would I know about the girls' side of the pitch.
    Tuilagi, as much as I like the kid.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I wasn't wrong; BOD could have scored even more.
    Agreed, that record score could have been even higher.

Seriously though, I cannot see who BOD could have replaced in that line-up. Certainly not Davies or Roberts. But as a (crap) forward myself, what would I know about the girls' side of the pitch.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Subjunctive dear fellow and quite unknowable.

Emotionally inspired, but that is part of your charm.
    I'm a forward; we're all big softies like that.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Incidentally, wasn't it Alexander that kept winning penalties off Vinupola? What goes round comes around!
    Yep. Serves Aus right for bending the laws in their domestic competition to make the scrum look like RL. As soon as a proper union ref turns up, they're turned into mincemeat.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied

And there's something I just don't like about Gatland; dunno what it is.

Where I was wrong was in assuming that Australia would actually be good.
    Subjunctive dear fellow and quite unknowable.

Emotionally inspired, but that is part of your charm.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Anyway, I shall now state publicly that although I still think BOD should have played, it has been confirmed to me that I don't have a bloody clue what anyone with a shirt number greater than 9 actually does, so in future I shall refrain from saying anything about the selection of backs.

The forwards were bloody brilliant; well done to the backs for not screwing it up. Highlights; Jones, Hibbard and Corbisiero pissing all over Australia's attempt at a front row, a ref who cares about the fine art of scrummaging and Geoff Parling's diving tap tackle.
    You forgot to mention Alun Wyn Jones, also immense as captain.

Nobody else even in the media seems to have mentioned that tackle by Parling but it was brilliant, and probably a try-saver.

Incidentally, wasn't it Alexander that kept winning penalties off Vinupola? What goes round comes around!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    That's only half an admission, I think admin should replace your avatar with a hat or pie for a week and a title saying " I was very wrong Mr Gatland, sorry."

And there's something I just don't like about Gatland; dunno what it is.

Where I was wrong was in assuming that Australia would actually be good.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Anyway, I shall now state publicly that although I still think BOD should have played, it has been confirmed to me that I don't have a bloody clue what anyone with a shirt number greater than 9 actually does, so in future I shall refrain from saying anything about the selection of backs.
    That's only half an admission, I think admin should replace your avatar with a hat or pie for a week and a title saying " I was very wrong Mr Gatland, sorry."

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

The forwards were bloody brilliant; well done to the backs for not screwing it up. Highlights; Jones, Hibbard and Corbisiero pissing all over Australia's attempt at a front row, a ref who cares about the fine art of scrummaging and Geoff Parling's diving tap tackle.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Why is rugby any different from anything else you seem to have an opinion on?

To be accepted into the upper middle class social circles that your standing as a "nouveau (nearly nouveau to be accurate) riche" entrepreneur requires in modern society will need some basic understanding of:

the rules of rugger
    the rules of cricket
    One end of a horse from another
    when when/when not to tuck your shirt in
    how to use something called cutlery
    how to sneer at football whilst having your own team to support

[pedant]

laws

[/pedant]

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It might shock some people but I am not actually an expert on rugby so I will not be sharing my views on the lions at this time.

HTH
    Why is rugby any different from anything else you seem to have an opinion on?

To be accepted into the upper middle class social circles that your standing as a "nouveau (nearly nouveau to be accurate) riche" entrepreneur requires in modern society will need some basic understanding of:

the rules of rugger
    the rules of cricket
    One end of a horse from another
    when when/when not to tuck your shirt in
    how to use something called cutlery
    how to sneer at football whilst having your own team to support

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    For me, this was always the way the Lions were going to beat Aus, brawn and grunt all around the park.
    Plus three running, passing tries. All in all a good rugby performance I'd say.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X