• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF. C4 to broadcast daily Muslim call to prayer during Ramadan next month

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
    Good example. Let me explain the differences.

Westerners in Dubai are expats. Muslims in Britain/Europe are immigrants.

Westerners in Dubai have come legally. A large chunck of Muslims in Europe are "asylum seekers".

Westerners in Dubai are economically active in high-value professions. A very large chunk of Muslims in Europe are economically inactive and able to perform only menial jobs.

Westerners in Dubai can't break Sharia law without serious consecuences. Muslims in Europe don't give a damn about Western customs and laws. Many are outright criminals.

Etc.
    Utter tripe.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      but what do you expect from someone who thinks people should be forced to sell him a kebab in Ramadan, if he's hungry.
      What if a pub refuses to serve black people because X, Y or Z. Then we would have the anti-racist brigade declaring WW3.

Comment

What if a pub refuses to serve black people because X, Y or Z. Then we would have the anti-racist brigade declaring WW3.
        I thought you were the anti-racist brigade the way you've been ranting on. Oh wait "you're not racist...but"tm

In my town the entire Asian section is closed. Some restaurants are closed for the entire month. Imagine kaiserredtop knocking on the door demanding a kebab. lol
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

The problem in NI was political/territorial, not religious. The IRA, at least the provos, were rather Commies... I don't think the Pope of Rome was their main motivation to kill. Same for the UFF, UVF, etc.
          Both actually:

The conflict in Northern Ireland is usually explained in terms of the different constitutional aspirations of the two main sections of the community in the region. Many Catholics consider themselves to be Irish and are Nationalist in political outlook, that is, they would like to see the whole (nation) island of Ireland reunited (and independent of Britain). Most Protestants consider themselves to be British and are Unionist in political outlook, that is, they want Northern Ireland to remain part of the (union of the) United Kingdom (UK) of Britain (England, Scotland, and Wales) and Northern Ireland.

The correspondence between religion, culture, and political outlook is the result of a historical accident. During the 'plantation of Ulster' in the early 17th century the Scottish and English settlers, who moved to the north-east of Ireland to take ownership of confiscated lands, were Protestant and had strong cultural ties with England and Scotland. The native Irish who were forced from their land were Catholic and culturally Irish. Although religion was not the determining factor in the conflict between the people living in the region, it has a special significance as it was used as a marker to distinguish and discriminate between sections of the community. As a consequence of the plantation Protestants acquired land and wealth. Various pieces of legislation were introduced to reduce the status of Catholics. The inequalities between the two sections of the population persisted to the late 1960s and were the main cause of the civil rights movement that eventually led to the re-emergence of violent conflict.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The problem in NI was political/territorial, not religious. The IRA, at least the provos, were rather Commies... I don't think the Pope of Rome was their main motivation to kill. Same for the UFF, UVF, etc.
            Mmm... oddly all the Northern Irish people on one side where one religion.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Good example. Let me explain the differences.

Westerners in Dubai are expats. Muslims in Britain/Europe are immigrants.

Westerners in Dubai have come legally. A large chunck of Muslims in Europe are "asylum seekers".
              See my post about people converting to Islam in prison.

There are a lot of people who are Muslim of ethnicities other than ones you automatically assume and not all of them are "asylum seekers" or immigrants.

Comment

Prison population in the UK by religion:

Christian 43,176 50.2% 61.3%
                Muslim 11,248 13.1% 4.0%
                Hindu 456 0.5% 1.5%
                Sikh 777 0.9% 0.7%
                Buddhist 1,756 2.0% 0.5%
                Jewish 252 0.3% 0.5%
                Other religious group 1,077 1.3% 0.5%
                No religion 25,269 29.4% 24.1%
                Not recorded 2,037 2.4% 7.0%
                Total 86,067 100% 100%

First figure is numbers
                Second figure is % of total prison population
                Third figure is % of general population aged 15+

73.9% are white
                3.9% are mixed race
                7.9% are Asian or Asian British
                13.1% are Black or Black British
                1.2% are Chinese or other ethnic group
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  I
                  In my town the entire Asian section is closed. Some restaurants are closed for the entire month. Imagine kaiserredtop knocking on the door demanding a kebab. lol
                  If it's closed, it's closed. But if it's open and they don't want to serve me for religiuos reasons, then it's discrimination and a violation of my Human Rights.

Comment

If it's closed, it's closed. But if it's open and they don't want to serve me for religiuos reasons, then it's discrimination and a violation of my Human Rights.
                    Take them to court, it's your right as a citizen of the UK and the EU. Instead of procrastinating, act, otherwise people will think you're all mouth...

Comment

If you start sprouting the tulip you post on here in their shops they would be polite and tell you to get off their premises.

However as you are an internet troll I doubt you do sprout such crap in real life.

Comment

Working...
                      X