• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSBC Business Banking - £5.50 per month!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What's the name of the account you have with HSBC?

Edit: It's ok if you have the Business Current Account small business tarriff you get charged.

If you have the Business Direct Account then there is no charge.

There is no charge for their Business Direct Account as they expect you to do most thing online or through telephone banking.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news SueEllen, but I got the letter yesterday, and Business Direct Account is being renamed and the charge introduced. I'm affected too, and confirmed it with HSBC customer services last night

Only choices are to move somewhere with no fees, or to pay up (which I object to)

Comment

Originally posted by Keith S View Post
      Sorry to be the bearer of bad news SueEllen, but I got the letter yesterday, and Business Direct Account is being renamed and the charge introduced. I'm affected too, and confirmed it with HSBC customer services last night

Only choices are to move somewhere with no fees, or to pay up (which I object to)
      Oh well watch them lose a lot of customers......

RBS has free banking and so does Carter Allen.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Suddenly the subscription of FSB seems to be so worth it. Fees = £120 PA, while getting free banking with Co-op. I can earn £25 annual loyalty bonus, + interest on entire amount in account, which for the CT alone would be £50+, so for the same fees as HSBC, I would be getting all the extra benefits from FSB. No brainer really!

Time for PCG to get associated with a bank for free banking

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
          Suddenly the subscription of FSB seems to be so worth it. Fees = £120 PA, while getting free banking with Co-op. I can earn £25 annual loyalty bonus, + interest on entire amount in account, which for the CT alone would be £50+, so for the same fees as HSBC, I would be getting all the extra benefits from FSB. No brainer really!

Time for PCG to get associated with a bank for free banking
          You want to bank with the co-op?

Comment

what's wrong with co-op? I want upto 5 incoming transactions, and about 4-5 outgoing transactions every month. I don't require access to my account straight away, and all the other benefits that are available as a member of FSB, I guess I can live with the Co-op as well.

I dont mind HSBC charging for services, but £5.50 for account maintenance for the amount of services I require, it a bit too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith S View Post

Got mine today
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Oh bollocks - I never even read the letter.... I just stuck it in the filing tray
                I read the letter and we're not moving the business accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  I read the letter and we're not moving the business accounts.
                  Is it because you value your time at more than £5.50 per month?

Comment

I would have missed the letter as well had it not been for this thread. Does it annoy me. Yes. Am I going to move. No, it's a chicken feed amount for excellent customer service with competent staff and reliable banking (unlike others).

Next you'll be telling me you pick your accountant based on price.
                    "You can't climb the ladder of success, with your hands in the pockets"
                    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Is it because you value your time at more than £5.50 per month?
                      It doesn't take that long to move bank accounts nowadays.

Most banks still rely on the fact people think it will go wrong. It does if the bank does it. It doesn't if you DIY.

Comment

Working...
                      X