• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSBC Business Banking - £5.50 per month!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's about to be broken up into Lloyds and TSB parts, a perfect time to review charges...

Anyone know what the decision process was in regard to which account goes to which bank?

I bank with LTSB and have had the letter saying I am going to Lloyds not TSB, I wondered if it was because I originally set up with Lloyds ?

Just curious really.
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Anyone know what the decision process was in regard to which account goes to which bank?

I bank with LTSB and have had the letter saying I am going to Lloyds not TSB, I wondered if it was because I originally set up with Lloyds ?

Just curious really.
      Partly down to location, they have a list of branches that will be TSB. However, if you're a SHTO (super high turnover) they're keeping you at Lloyds.
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post

Just curious really.
        Depends only on the branch you originally set up with. All C&G is going, some Lloyds, some TSB and all (IIRC) Lloyds TSB Scotland. I think that's about it, there was a list somewhere....

Oh, and that was based on your 'primary account', which they decreed to be your current account, rather than loans or mortgage or owt else.

Linky

Of course, TSB will just be a clone of Lloyds, so not much of a change what side of the fence you end up on.

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
          Partly down to location, they have a list of branches that will be TSB. However, if you're a SHTO (super high turnover) they're keeping you at Lloyds.
          It had to be a representative sample of the branch estate, so some really good ones, some not so good ones and some in Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            They back tracked when they realised loads of customers were leaving. The press complaints about broken promises also helped them to change their mind.
            They backtracked once people started talking about legal action - the original advertising said that there would be no charge ever on that account.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I wouldn't mind a fee if they paid a proper amount of interest on their accounts.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You people actually pay someone to let them use the thousands in your account, what's wrong with this picture ?
                You couldn't make it up....

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                  You people actually pay someone to let them use the thousands in your account, what's wrong with this picture ?
                  You couldn't make it up....
                  Alternatively, you people actually pay someone to keep tens of thousands of pounds safe and enable you to access the money and make payments in an instant, all over the world.

How much do you think they make from the money in the average current account? Most of the money they lend is money they borrowed, not deposits.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    And it's free because they are a charity???
                    99% of personal accounts in the UK are fee-free, you gurning moron. Banks do not need to charge you for letting your money sit in their coffers, they rely on it otherwise they couldn't provide loans.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                      I wouldn't mind a fee if they paid a proper amount of interest on their accounts.

Comment

Working...
                      X