• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could this be the Year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Surely a creaming is a straight-sets win.
    ...and nothing but that? I'd say so in Womens Tennis, but in a game dominated by serving, 1-6 is being creamed, as is 2-6.

Comment

Surely a creaming is a straight-sets win.
      I define it as being beaten soundly, which is why I included those matches were he started well and then faded into obscurity once the match progressed.

If you're only counting straight sets, then he's been creamed 6-2 6-1 by Wawrinka and 7-6 6-4 against Berdych this year.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Seems it was the Year after all!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So, thus far we have had a British man winning Wimbledon, the British Lions winning the Test series against the Aussies, a British guy leading the Tour de France, and England looking like retaining the Ashes(early days I know, but I am confident!).
          Not been a bad year so far..............and of course I might also mention that Celtic did the Double, and mightiest of all,
          Rangers won the fourth tier league in Scotland too.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

He might lose but unless he plays badly nobody can cream him anymore, except Nadal on clay.
            And Wawrinka on the hard court
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              And Wawrinka on the hard court

I think this is it. I doubt he can win more grand slams or dominate tennis like Nadal or Federer.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

He admitted he wasn't super motivated. I very much doubt he's another Federer or Nadal but no reason he can't win a few more. You have to remember Nadal and Federer are unusual even by "Tennis Legend" standards - look at Djokovic, he's amazing but is very unlikely to win that number of slams either.

I think Murray should be aiming for a career Grand Slam, that is an amazing achievement.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

He admitted he wasn't super motivated. I very much doubt he's another Federer or Nadal but no reason he can't win a few more. You have to remember Nadal and Federer are unusual even by "Tennis Legend" standards - look at Djokovic, he's amazing but is very unlikely to win that number of slams either.

I think Murray should be aiming for a career Grand Slam, that is an amazing achievement.
                  I think he will be more fired up at the Aus open - I can see him getting to the semis at least and possibly going on to win it.

Comment

Working...
                  X