• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie politics has landed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's to do with the maturity of the company. As the company gets bigger and especially after they float the auditors start turning up in droves more and more. Next thing the system Im building is no longer my system and I have my access rights removed. Next in pulled up for Sox compliance breaches, accused of gross negligence and misuse and threatened with jail time for using the wrong login in the system I've just designed. Tossers.

I told them to fook off. Taken the day off now instead.
    Yanks
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It was a good run. Now Sox has reared it's ugly head. People are building kingdoms & my winning charming ways are failing to get past people who are now blocking and playing politics.

I've never really understood why some people are so insecure they have to stop others doing their jobs.

5 months to go and counting the days.
      Have you booked your flight to Ecuador?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It's to do with the maturity of the company. As the company gets bigger and especially after they float the auditors start turning up in droves more and more. Next thing the system Im building is no longer my system and I have my access rights removed. Next in pulled up for Sox compliance breaches, accused of gross negligence and misuse and threatened with jail time for using the wrong login in the system I've just designed. Tossers.

I told them to fook off. Taken the day off now instead.
        Oh wow Do you seriously not understand the term Transition into Operation? Its not your system it belongs to an Operations team that are running it to an SLA and under US corporate law. Its not your plaything. If you want near it you need to have a change control process in place and tell someone why you want to touch it, then they understand the risks on your behalf (you clearly don't get it) and then they instigate the change together with a back out plan. Thats how a professional live system is run. If I was you I'd take them seriously about the SoX breaches. Coming back here won't save you if they take it further...

Comment

So you are not cut out to be a contractor, and now find out you are not cut out to be a permie
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            So you are not cut out to be a contractor, and now find out you are not cut out to be a permie
            Does it matter when he becomes fat bubba's play thing next month for computer hacking.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              Oh wow Do you seriously not understand the term Transition into Operation? Its not your system it belongs to an Operations team that are running it to an SLA and under US corporate law. Its not your plaything. If you want near it you need to have a change control process in place and tell someone why you want to touch it, then they understand the risks on your behalf (you clearly don't get it) and then they instigate the change together with a back out plan. Thats how a professional live system is run. If I was you I'd take them seriously about the SoX breaches. Coming back here won't save you if they take it further...
              WHS

Go back to selling sledges, you're clearly not cut out for IT. Your wife sends her regards btw.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                WHS

Go back to selling sledges, you're clearly not cut out for IT. Your wife sends her regards btw.
                You have to hand it to MF. It takes a certain something to end up in the position where gross misconduct is the lesser of the possible outcomes.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  You have to hand it to MF. It takes a certain something to make Suity look like the model worker.
                  FTFY
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    You have to hand it to MF. It takes a certain something to end up in the position where gross misconduct is the lesser of the possible outcomes.
                    Could be worse. I could have been up on assault charges as well but luckily there was 6500 miles between us.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Could be worse. I could have been up on assault charges as well but luckily there was 6500 miles between us.
                      did someone just say unauthorised access to a US computer system from the UK

It's not getting any better is it

I'd do yourself a favour and go for a coffee or something then figure out a way to swallow your pride and apologise to whoever needs to hear it. That way you might last long enough to cash your options rather than get sacked leaving you a year of your life wasted and no share options

Comment

Working...
                      X