• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leeds Bradford Airport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBA is supposed to be bad because the runway is the higest in the UK and on a slope. I can't see the vid here as youtube is blocked, but there is a fairly famous one of a plane crabbing into LBA. The Air France Concorde flight into LBA was supposed to be a good one.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Flying doesn't bother me much.

I've been on an aborted landing - landed the back wheels and then realised that the front wheels weren't down, so had to boot it back into the air again to have another try. Been on a flight where we had to brace on landing - didn't quite say "put your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye", but that's how it felt.

After that, it's all pretty tame.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Commuter flying doesn't bother me (shorthaul euro city stuff) and as spaceman said, I can easily sleep through take off and am often woken up when it hits the runway on landing.

One think I cannot stand is 5hrs on some chav infested valleys air charter flight. It's not a fear of crashing, it's a fear of being stuck in a closed metal box with 250 tw@ts that gets me. A few years back we went to Sharm with someone like Thomson. Jesus was that a sh1t flight. It's no way to spent a holiday. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Commuter flying doesn't bother me (shorthaul euro city stuff) and as spaceman said, I can easily sleep through take off and am often woken up when it hits the runway on landing.

One think I cannot stand is 5hrs on some chav infested valleys air charter flight. It's not a fear of crashing, it's a fear of being stuck in a closed metal box with 250 tw@ts that gets me. A few years back we went to Sharm with someone like Thomson. Jesus was that a sh1t flight. It's no way to spent a holiday. Never again.
          I did a 4 hour to Finland to see ‘Santa’ with the eldest a few years back. 4 hours of 200+ kids being indulged in whatever sweets/chocolate they wanted whilst simultaneously being whipped into a frenzy by the reps promising them the moon on a stick (thus more extras bought) was enough to make me say never again. Until this year, when I have promised middle child the same trip...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I did a 4 hour to Finland to see ‘Santa’ with the eldest a few years back. 4 hours of 200+ kids being indulged in whatever sweets/chocolate they wanted whilst simultaneously being whipped into a frenzy by the reps promising them the moon on a stick (thus more extras bought) was enough to make me say never again. Until this year, when I have promised middle child the same trip...
            Sucker!

I travel to Paris fairly regularly and the FlyBe Disney Express is something to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Sucker!

I travel to Paris fairly regularly and the FlyBe Disney Express is something to behold.
              We've been down the Disney Paris route a few times too, but, O.M.G. is Lapland a trip to forget. I was only glad they agreed to sell alcohol...

Comment

Not been on no frills for a very long time so chose easy jet to fly to Turkey (due to timing/location and not price!)

The flight was so uncomfortable there and back that I remembered why I refused to fly with them for so long. Next time I will book the holiday around the flights rather than the other way round.

Comment

Working...
                X