• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WWYD?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    The key point is this.

Then a written letter sent recorded delivery about non payment.

After that start debt collection proceedings.

Don't walk as agent my use this as reason for witholding any due monies. Plus you might piss of a perfectly good client who might be in the process of dumping the agent as we speak....
    Emails are admissible in County Court so a letter is unnecessary IMO. Debt collection proceedings will be seen as an act of war, better to send a solicitors letter pointing out they are violating employment statutes by not paying you in the first instance (this worked for me some 8 years ago, on the single occasion an agent tried to pull a fast one).

IF they refuse to pay you I would let the client know and consider walking, not walking could be seen as an implicit acceptance of the situation.
    You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post
      Emails are admissible in County Court so a letter is unnecessary IMO. Debt collection proceedings will be seen as an act of war, better to send a solicitors letter pointing out they are violating employment statutes by not paying you in the first instance (this worked for me some 8 years ago, on the single occasion an agent tried to pull a fast one).
      Employment statutes? WTF!

Late payment of commercial debts act

Interest Calculator - Calculate Late Payment Interest - Pay on Time

followed by moneyclaim

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

followed by a winding up order if they still won't pay

https://www.gov.uk/wind-up-a-company...money/overview

IF they refuse to pay you I would let the client know and consider walking, not walking could be seen as an implicit acceptance of the situation.
      I've already made it clear to the agency that notice will be given if payment isn't made. I will mention it to the client later today.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Employment statutes? WTF!

Late payment of commercial debts act

Interest Calculator - Calculate Late Payment Interest - Pay on Time

followed by moneyclaim

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

followed by a winding up order if they still won't pay

https://www.gov.uk/wind-up-a-company...money/overview

I've already made it clear to the agency that notice will be given if payment isn't made. I will mention it to the client later today.
        Ask your client if they would consider going direct?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Ask your client if they would consider going direct?
          Or use a good payment factoring service rather than an "agent" if they don't want the hassle of paying IT contractors LTDs direct.

Comment

Name and shame.
            Thankfully I've been direct so far.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

They have just phoned me to tell me they haven't paid because they haven't got any money
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga500 View Post

Judges normally find less weight on emails and the other party can deny receiving them. (own experience)
                It is best to send a letter recorded delivery and head the letter “Notice Before Action”
                Print everything off now and put them in a lever arch file. It saves a lot of bother later.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Name and shame.
                  Thankfully I've been direct so far.

www.callcentretemps.co.uk
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

They have just phoned me to tell me they haven't paid because they haven't got any money
                    Looks like the first option then, get out asap.
                    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Pay me now or I get a 'winding up petition'
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X