• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been off the drink for months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Don't narcotics help? When I had level 10 pain, Tramadol did the trick.

I remember that one - the alt text is "If it were a two or above I wouldn't be able to answer because it would mean a pause in the screaming."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Don't narcotics help? When I had level 10 pain, Tramadol did the trick.

They put me on amitriptyline at the lowest dose but doing bugger all. I told the doc I'm gonna self medicate with booze, they didn't argue.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Ah but, well there's 'ills' and then there's fck it I'm on the vodka and the pills.
        Not nice (apart from the vodka). Have you considered going 'off-piste' for your medication(possibly delivered via a cigarette, for example)?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          Not nice (apart from the vodka). Have you considered going 'off-piste' for your medication(possibly delivered via a cigarette, for example)?
          Meanwhile back in Notting Hill

The moon showed up like a mandrax pill

In the sky, so high, like everybody
          Me, me, me...

Comment

One bottle down and pain free for a while...

Somebody at ClientCo tomorrow is gonna suffer, probly the arsewipe project manager who couldn't find his arse with both hands and a TomTom.

Singing Pink Floyd songs loudly and badly which I'll do at the next scan the quacks shove me into cos they ask you for a choice of music to listen to.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              You mean the same thing that helps MS sufferers?

Comment

Singing Pink Floyd songs loudly and badly which I'll do at the next scan the quacks shove me into cos they ask you for a choice of music to listen to.
                Comfortably numb, I suppose.

They put me on amitriptyline at the lowest dose but doing bugger all. I told the doc I'm gonna self medicate with booze, they didn't argue.
                Pain itself is a medical condition. You should demand/politely ask for something that works, without putting as much strain or your liver or giving you a hangover. There's no real reason for anyone to suffer pain nowadays, though it often requires effort from the doctors.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Meds to ameliorate chronic pain
                  not nice have a

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  You mean the same thing that helps MS sufferers?
                  Not all of them & medical use will not stop the legal proceedings if caught
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                  X