• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Runaway Teacher Found Guilty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im confused by the maths?

30 goes into 15, 8 times?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      He said "I love you" as the jury returned. What's the story here? Does he love her? Is it reciprocated? Will we see them both on Jeremy Kyle when he gets out?

Sad tangled mess, but he did break the rules.
      Forrest turned to the teenager and mouthed "I love you", while the schoolgirl mouthed "I love you".

Forrest then turned and said "I'm ok", to which she replied "I'm so sorry".
      So yes it seems reciprocated which would explain:

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Radio 4 news last night did mention that the girl was sat nearer his family than hers when the verdict was being read and that she was comforted by "an older woman" not her mother.

As you said, it's a sad tangled mess. The correct verdict was reached but it is hardly a moment for celebration
      The "girl" and her mother fell out about 2 months ago.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
        Which begs the question, what is the right age ?

Is age the right parameter anyway, I don't recall waking up much more responsible on my 16th, 18th or 50th birthdays.
        I'd suggest that I have gone backwards not forwards in this respect

I think this whole mess is condescending to say the least. I can remember we had a music teacher at my school and every girl in the school would have dropped their knickers in a flash. It wasn't the girls that needed protecting from the teacher it was the teacher who was tulip scared. To the point that he always made sure he had a trusted male kid knocking around in the background to keep things safe! Yet a few years later my mates lecturer at Uni had screwed most of the girls on his course...

I think thats a hell of sad position to be in...

Comment

The Curse of Love

They both seem to be victims of the curse of blinding, burning, frenzied and inappropriate love, the like of which most of us have never encountered.

Her staying loyal reminds me of one of Virgil's greatest lines. Dido, the Queen of Carthage, is in alone in her palace thinking of Aeneas:

illum absens absentem auditque videtque
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            They both seem to be victims of the curse of blinding, burning, frenzied and inappropriate sex,
            FTFY
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I think 16 is too arbitrary, as not everyone grows up at the same time. It's 14 in Italy and I believe 13 in Spain (or viccy verka).

Even if they were in love, I think he should have realised it was the sweetest taboo.

Hey ho, good looking fella's going to be popular in the evenings.

Comment

The point is that she is a silly infatuated teenager. He is a silly infatuated adult man who was in a position of responsibility and old enough to know better.

I did wonder if he was inexperienced with women and perhaps mistook lust for love, but as he was married one assumes he wasn't completely naive.

It is a mess - if she'd been a year older, he'd have still abused his position, but he wouldn't be labelled a paedophile.

Comment

I dont think an arbritary age should be used to determine the legality of sex. The laws surrounding consent should be in place to protect girls (and boys) from exploitation and abuse. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that one country (I forget where) requires parental consent to sleep with a girl under 18 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                    I dont think an arbritary age should be used to determine the legality of sex. The laws surrounding consent should be in place to protect girls (and boys) from exploitation and abuse. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that one country (I forget where) requires parental consent to sleep with a girl under 18 years old.
                    That would make for a difficult conversation on parents evening.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think the complexity of the situation is summed up in the charges, it seems he has only been tried, and convicted of abduction, nothing around abuse of trust, or sex with a minor, I assume that would be based on what "The Girl" has said and the likelihood of a conviction, or not.
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X