• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What car shall I get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercedes C class

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
      Well I personally think that a good all rounder would be an A4, slightly
      biased but to be honest I've owned 2 now, and they're great to run, solid,
      reliable and a pleasure to drive. My old A4 Tdi 130bhp was a great car. 600 miles a tank, spacious and tough as nuts. Would recommend that car to anyone. Specially if the missus like to kick sh*t out of it.
      I have asked the leasing company for a quote. I am not going to be seen in a Trabant thank you
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Ever considered a Dalek wheelie-bin? Great for road-rage.

Comment

Surely Arfur should be driving an old Jag?

Comment

From top gear...

Hot saloons

The saloon car, staple of the middle manager, company rep and family man. Not the sort of car you'd probably choose to buy if funds were unlimited, but a sturdy run-around with excellent boot space, room to take three adults for a 'liquid lunch' or the wife and kids to the seaside.

But like the trend for hot hatches, which saw the likes of the Golf, 306 and Astra getting a nippy engine and some slightly better-shaped seats, there's a growing number of hot saloons that offer exciting performance, and enough room for a Labrador and a baby seat.

The Mondeo ST220 is probably the best known. Its understated power has put it towards the 'cooler' end of the cool wall. The VXR range of Vauxhalls is also well known, even if it's for being far too powerful for its own good. Then there's the Mazda 6 MPS. It's worth pausing at the Mazda for a moment to consider what an amazing car this is. A 2.3-litre, turbocharged engine provides all four wheels with 256bhp. Which really is a lot of power for a family car.
            I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

Looks like we have another renter here...

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                I am in the market for a new car as the lease on my Mondeo (ST220) runs out in August. I am not really that interested in cars so any recommendations. My budget is up to £400 a moth on contract hire so anything under £30k. I have two kids and a wife who treats cars like pinballs.

Helpful suggestions please
                As you're a salesman, avoid a BMW at all costs. You would become a walking cliche.

For a bit of style:
                Alfa 159

For sensible practicality with a bit of sporty fun.
                Mazda 6 (sport version)
                Skoda Octavia VRS

For cheap mad thrills:
                Honda Civic Type R.
                Golf GTI

For the biggest bang for the buck:
                Skoda Fabia vRS
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

You want bang for your buck?

Try this V8.....and MG parts are plentyHere

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent

Helpful suggestions please
                    Every respectable pimp has a Maserati. Don't settle for less.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                      As you're a salesman, avoid a BMW at all costs. You would become a walking cliche.

For a bit of style:
                      Alfa 159

For sensible practicality with a bit of sporty fun.
                      Mazda 6 (sport version)
                      Skoda Octavia VRS

For cheap mad thrills:
                      Honda Civic Type R.
                      Golf GTI

For the biggest bang for the buck:
                      Skoda Fabia vRS
                      Almost 100% concur with the exception that, no matter how good the Skodas are these days, they are still a Skoda.

My suggestion is, go for a Saab. Plenty of different options (sport through to practicality). Love 'em to death.

Comment

Working...
                      X