• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you drink too much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a beer monster, normally. But I havn't had a beer for over a week now
    It's good to know you can stop at the drop of a hat

another week of this then I am off on my adventures
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      My problem is when I drink which seems to be few and far between I binge, for example last night I went to a beer garden for an hour before dinner, rolled in about midnight
      One beer garden! One hour! Midnight! Young people nowadays, pfui...3 beer gardens and 2 pubs spread over a distance of 200km, started at 10am, got home at 5am on another day
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I think I am more of a bingey drinker type. I don't think I drink and awful lot, but if I do drink, the volume's high, and I'll not let a bottle sit unfinished. I know people who'll pop a bottle open, have a glass, then leave it until the next day. I can't do that.

I also can't simply pop out for a pint, for if I have decided I am going to have a drink, I utilise the opportunity to actually have a proper drink...

Comment

You have no apparent problems with alcohol.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            You have no apparent problems with alcohol.
            Mudskipper will be along any minute to ask if you are being honest with yourself and others.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              One beer garden! One hour! Midnight! Young people nowadays, pfui...3 beer gardens and 2 pubs spread over a distance of 200km, started at 10am, got home at 5am on another day
              can you use a proper distance measurement like a Mile or Furlong

Bloody euro types invading our UK board
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                can you use a proper distance measurement like a Mile or Furlong

Bloody euro types invading our UK board
                Other way around; CUK is slowly invading Europe. Bloody good job too as the Euroland contractor boards are rather dull.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I got "You are Keith Richards"

Comment

I have recently twigged the wife of one of my neighbours is never around, I think she must have left him, he just passed by the house there which he does every evening when he goes down to sit in the window seat of one of the locals where you can see him chugging pint after pint for a few hours.

Lucky bastard.

Comment

Good old Charles Bukowski:

“That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.”
                      “Sometimes you just have to pee in the sink.”
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X