• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jury Services claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    When I did it, half the group had four cases over the two weeks, because they finished early.

I had three days of sitting around reading my book while they hammered out the plea bargaining for two different cases. Then there was a five day rape trial, which wasn't very pleasant. After that, we got the rest of the time off.
    And to think you could have saved those 5 days by just finding him guilty in the first place.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      And to think you could have saved those 5 days by just finding him guilty in the first place.
      indeed - if he wore a shell suit and had tattoo's he would be guilty obviously

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I reckon he did it.

I'm fairly sure he did it.

Unfortunately, there was a tiny bit of doubt, so we found him not guilty.

Both admitted they had sex. Both admitted that he punched her in the face, knocking out some teeth. The question was whether he hit her before or after the sex.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          I reckon he did it.

I'm fairly sure he did it.

Unfortunately, there was a tiny bit of doubt, so we found him not guilty.

Both admitted they had sex. Both admitted that he punched her in the face, knocking out some teeth. The question was whether he hit her before or after the sex.
          Maybe it was during sex!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
          X