• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you an Excel guru?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I know it will, but not before my testing mates and I have sent some juicy invoices.
    And we all use excel for those, don't we?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

But you haven't tested the vulnerability to faulty master data yet, which is obviously a risk if it's so important and has to be input by people. If master data is that critical, I suggest testing that.

Plus, what is so special about SAP testing in your example? You've just described a typical process that you'd use in many other systems.
      Master data is tested during data migration verified by the users. After golive its the responsibilty of the master data team to test the inputted data

I dont believe that I could test an Oracle or JD Edwards as I know nothing about these systems.
      I guess I could teach you the basics of SAP and then you could do some testing. The guys in Pharma also have their own testing mentality

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        And we all use excel for those, don't we?
        Not me. Lady Tester does it; I've no idea how.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
          I dont believe that I could test an Oracle or JD Edwards as I know nothing about these systems.
          Yes you could; I could teach you. Even though I've never done any JD Edwards, I can test anything.

Anyway, I've tested SAP IS-U and HR and in those I haven't seen anything that would prevent a good tester testing well without prior knowledge of them.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Wouldn't it be good to combine SAP experienced testers and non-SAP experienced testers in your team? That way you get people who know the basic functionality AND people who can ask the kind of awkward questions that find stuff nobody else has found.
            This is normally the set up for Pharmaceutical companies where delivering the right product(master data) to the right customer is absolutely critical. My last pharma company had a non SAP experienced tester but he was PERM

Comment

Working...
            X