• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First dance at a wedding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I have no idea, I can't remember much about my wedding day.
    +1. The fact we had a barn dance also means that I have a valid reason for not having a clue.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      So what did everyone whose married (or in some cases for those of you who've been up the aisle more than once) what was the first song you had on the dance floor at your wedding?

We're presently settling on Lavendar by Marillion funnily enough not my choose but the other halfs, by suggestion of the Prodigy Smack my Bitch up was met with some resistance.

What was yours?

Nb : Virgins, Squirrel botherer and Russians need not apply.
      She Chameleon?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RasputinDude View Post
        Happy Together by The Turtles. Didn't really want to do it, but in hindsight it gave us both a chance to actually talk to each other.

We didn't have a DJ; we had a band who were very good.
        Saw a film once where the played that song with the credits. The stepfather or something. About some guy who married these women then killed them....

Comment

MF - If you're not averse to a bit of post-Fish how about 'No one Can'.

Had this on our wedding video if I remember. And I also remember 'Like a child again' by The Mission.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            So what did everyone whose married (or in some cases for those of you who've been up the aisle more than once) what was the first song you had on the dance floor at your wedding?

We're presently settling on Lavendar by Marillion funnily enough not my choose but the other halfs, by suggestion of the Prodigy Smack my Bitch up was met with some resistance.

What was yours?

Nb : Virgins, Squirrel botherer and Russians need not apply.
            For you?

One night in Bangkok.

Where you met your ladyboy bride, and made that impulse purchase....

Comment

We booked a venue without a dancefloor. We're skipping all the cringeworthy wedding stuff (first dance and speeches most notably).

If we were doing a first dance it would be song that's meaningful to both of us. Probably Heather Nova's rendition of Nick Cave's 'The Ship Song'.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                We booked a venue without a dancefloor. We're skipping all the cringeworthy wedding stuff (first dance and speeches most notably).

If we were doing a first dance it would be song that's meaningful to both of us. Probably Heather Nova's rendition of Nick Cave's 'The Ship Song'.
                What a shin dig that will be.

Comment

I've met your missus, so has to be Queen "Fat Bottom Girls"
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    What a shin dig that will be.
                    Good food, drink, and decent music. It's a pretty small wedding anyway.

If people want to dance they can do so wherever, but most weddings I've been to had a ginormous dancefloor populated by roughly 5 people looking daft. Not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                      Good food, drink, and decent music. It's a pretty small wedding anyway.

If people want to dance they can do so wherever, but most weddings I've been to had a ginormous dancefloor populated by roughly 5 people looking daft. Not my cup of tea.
                      Fair enough.

We had a blast I must admit. I cannot remember too much of it, but by 3am, I was naked in a paddling pool, and by the time we got back to the hotel, found my best man asleep in the bath with a half deranged cat prowling around hissing at us. Slept about 3 hours, couldn't eat brekkie and was on a plane to Munich before I'd even remembered I was now married. Genuinely, one of the best nights I have ever had in my life, for we concentrated on making sure all of our friends could come, before we invited family.

Comment

Working...
                      X